Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented F3 when applying

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3ntal

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
642
I believe that it shouldn't auto-f3 when you apply, at least not in the way that it currently is. When I apply, I use my real name, and my CID, but it f3's and lets people see my fake name, despite me never saying it to them when I apply.

I don't know if this can be implemented, as in, f3ing only your real name when you apply, but that's how it should be. If that isn't possible, I believe auto-f3 when applying should be removed, cause people can forget names, and most people don't care about other people during shifts, and whatnot.
 
yeah i have you as rice for some reason when i know your full name.

Either way i really don't think you should f3 at all when f3ing, since the f3 feature is done to people that WILL remember you. So in my opinion they should have an important rp with you, or at least some kind of rp that isn't just listening you apply.
 
I assume you're using the /apply command.

Have you tried.... not doing that?
 
I assume you're using the /apply command.

Have you tried.... not doing that?
It's a convenient tool which had absolutely no indication it would auto-f3. Like, seriously, I found out TODAY that it does that. And it really shouldn't.
 
On that note, I'm not sure why it was coupled with F3ing in the first place. Not only is there no indication it does that, but that also kind of imposes on the F3 system that already exists.
 
It's a convenient tool which had absolutely no indication it would auto-f3. Like, seriously, I found out TODAY that it does that. And it really shouldn't.
Same (yesterday)
 
A simple way to prevent from this happening in the future is to type "quit auto_recognize_when_applying.lua" in console
 
You tell people your name, they're going to recognize you. The automatic recognition just saves you time so you don't have to manually do it yourself.
On that note, the fake name thing isn't intentional, but I'm already working on separating the real name and fake name buttons in the F3 menu, which would resolve this issue.

So, Accepted, I suppose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top