Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remove the 4+ CP rule for non-Offensive Rebel Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadoWiz4rd

Radio Bob Approved
Banned
Joined
Sep 24, 2021
Messages
1,254
I think we should remove this rule specifically for non-offensive actions, What are those? Anything that doesn't involve murder/bombings/ should not be effected by a lack of units, I'm tired of trying to do something like disassemble a piece of metal where CPs wouldn't even be alerted/involved in it and all Rebel rp just stops because it's 10pm and the CP mains have all gone off to bed for the night meanwhile there are like 4-7 Rebels on ready to go do things.

|EXAMPLES|
I led a group into the sewers the past evening in-order to try and break down an abandoned CP Deployable barrier, Did all the RP Rped unscrewing it took me a few minutes only to be told I couldn't do it because no Units were online -_- when we had a few on at the time we went down there not to mention we wasted ammo fighting the hordes of NPCs that were spawned down there and for nothing a wild goose chase.

I was trying to do something the other day, I believe it was putting a poster up or picking a lock can't remember, But I was told I couldn't because no CP's were on.

TL: DR (If it's not a shooting/Bombing/ If no-one is being killed, If it's not an armed raid or some form of Sabotage then the 4+ CP rule shouldn't be in effect **SPECIFICLLY FOR NON-COMBAT RELATED REBEL OPERATIONS**

I.E Putting up posters. Removing static locations (Barriers, Barricades, Boards.)


|Closing Statement| While I understand the need and how it's beneficial to have the unit on rule, I think for actions where its not someone rolling into Triumph and doing a shooting on someone or something of that nature that *OFFENSIVELY* I believe it to be a detriment to rebel rpers who stay on late and keep the server populated later that they're severely limited in what they're able to do. Especially when its not

A. Going to kill/Harm someone.
B. Won't effect the socio-status.
C. Offers chances for Passive/Character development.
 
Last edited:
The rules are structured so that you cannot
Commit any crimes against the Combine OR Commit any crimes within the city, being triumph / victory, etc with less than 4 CPs.

Disassembling parts of an active CP checkpoint, destroying cameras, or anything that interferes with the Combine can't be done with less than 4 CPs, this is important because without this any actions done against them can't be retaliated against. Disassembling part of a checkpoint is in fact sabotage or near enough. If you're picking a lock in the main city with less than 4 CPs on, then that's blatantly not allowed as there's zero chance you could be walked in on or that CPs could be alerted.

If you want to RP on dead hours, go passive in the slums or Triumph.
 
The rules are structured so that you cannot
Commit any crimes against the Combine OR Commit any crimes within the city, being triumph / victory, etc with less than 4 CPs.

Disassembling parts of an active CP checkpoint, destroying cameras, or anything that interferes with the Combine can't be done with less than 4 CPs, this is important because without this any actions done against them can't be retaliated against. Disassembling part of a checkpoint is in fact sabotage or near enough. If you're picking a lock in the main city with less than 4 CPs on, then that's blatantly not allowed as there's zero chance you could be walked in on or that CPs could be alerted.

If you want to RP on dead hours, go passive in the slums or Triumph.
It wasn't an active CP point, That's what I mean. If it was 100% I'd be like kk but that wasn't the case.
 
It wasn't an active CP point, That's what I mean. If it was 100% I'd be like kk but that wasn't the case.
Inactive or not, the rule will and should remaining standing. We install barricades, cameras, and even turrets from time to time (not every day because it gets shot at every time it's there so it'll be annoying to deal with for both CPs and CWU). I prefer not to have these things stolen/destroyed on dead hours with 1-3 CPs on. That'll just result in rebels gaining free resources with zero risk (which is shitty and stupid).

As always, whenever you're gonna pull a move; there should and will be risk of being caught, captured, or permakilled.
 
DENIED

As stated above already, this is a no-go and please for future reference place this post within faction suggestions, not development suggestions. This has 0% relation to Dev work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top