Malic
Radio Bob Approved
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2022
- Messages
- 373
- Thread Author
- #1
Something to communicate approximately how much time a player has left in their intended play session I think could be helpful for a wide variety of scenes.
It could appear just below the character name in the form of a colored line; it would serve a simple display of green for over an hour of planned play time left, yellow for 30 minutes of playtime left, and red for only 15 minutes or less before the player is planning to go.
I think this could help prevent a great number of scenes from being cut short by starting up right as a player or two involved are scheduled elsewhere besides the server. Perhaps it's a bit meta, but I think being more communicative about a digital actors time could help improve roleplay quality quite a bit, especially with regards to pacing.
It would naturally require some amount of programming, but I would imagine the final form of this might take the place of a timer on the TAB menu.
Anyway, that is all for now Willard Network, have a good rest of your day.
It could appear just below the character name in the form of a colored line; it would serve a simple display of green for over an hour of planned play time left, yellow for 30 minutes of playtime left, and red for only 15 minutes or less before the player is planning to go.
I think this could help prevent a great number of scenes from being cut short by starting up right as a player or two involved are scheduled elsewhere besides the server. Perhaps it's a bit meta, but I think being more communicative about a digital actors time could help improve roleplay quality quite a bit, especially with regards to pacing.
It would naturally require some amount of programming, but I would imagine the final form of this might take the place of a timer on the TAB menu.
Anyway, that is all for now Willard Network, have a good rest of your day.
