rey.jazzy
Member
- Joined
- Aug 30, 2022
- Messages
- 59
- Thread Author
- #1
Would've put this in faction-specific suggestions, but that subforum is pretty much a barren landscape and I don't think it'd garner much attention. It's a simple and probably inconsequential thing in the eyes of many CivPro WL holders, and although it's more or less a decision to be made by FL(s) I still firmly believe the players should hold more input into what's being changed, removed or added. I love democracy.
I'd like to preface this suggestion by saying I don't believe differentiating armbands or shoulder markings would negatively impact the faction as a whole. I've seen videos of WN in earlier years where such a thing remained present, and from the looks of it—it worked just fine.
RL - Regardless of squadron or specialization, rank leaders always have red epaulettes and armbands. To rob them of that signature black-red contrast would be a crime. As such, rank leaders would be the ONLY officers to wear this color.
i1 - Their squad's distinction would determine the color of their epaulettes and uniforms, both of which would be the same color to denote a position of authority.
As for the remaining ranks, they're only allowed to wear a colored armband dependent on squadron. Failure to do so should be met with a warning of some kind, as it'd violate dress code—something like impersonating a RL would be greatly discouraged.
UNION - Considering they don't currently have a specific duty aside from general policing, I don't think a colored armband nor epaulettes for these guys would be necessary.
XRAY - Think it's an obvious choice, but we'll go with blue.
HELIX - Green, as it's really important to be able to identify these guys out in the field when under a lot of pressure.
VICE - Orange, of course.
YELLO - I'm not quite sure if they're deserving of a specific color. Seeing as they're moved from RCT to i5 rather quickly, you wouldn't expect to see one wearing a unique color for very long. Not to mention they haven't picked a squadron yet and thus have no speciality.
One thing I'd like to make clear is that I chose these colors based on the markings present in the Google document. I'll also be putting a poll for those so inclined, but I would like if all those who aren't currently whitelisted for CivPro to abstain from voting at this time as it wouldn't be fair.
Link to the poll is right here. Results will be available publicly so FL(s) and others can determine what steps to take going forward, if any.
I'd like to preface this suggestion by saying I don't believe differentiating armbands or shoulder markings would negatively impact the faction as a whole. I've seen videos of WN in earlier years where such a thing remained present, and from the looks of it—it worked just fine.
RL - Regardless of squadron or specialization, rank leaders always have red epaulettes and armbands. To rob them of that signature black-red contrast would be a crime. As such, rank leaders would be the ONLY officers to wear this color.
i1 - Their squad's distinction would determine the color of their epaulettes and uniforms, both of which would be the same color to denote a position of authority.
As for the remaining ranks, they're only allowed to wear a colored armband dependent on squadron. Failure to do so should be met with a warning of some kind, as it'd violate dress code—something like impersonating a RL would be greatly discouraged.
UNION - Considering they don't currently have a specific duty aside from general policing, I don't think a colored armband nor epaulettes for these guys would be necessary.
XRAY - Think it's an obvious choice, but we'll go with blue.
HELIX - Green, as it's really important to be able to identify these guys out in the field when under a lot of pressure.
VICE - Orange, of course.
YELLO - I'm not quite sure if they're deserving of a specific color. Seeing as they're moved from RCT to i5 rather quickly, you wouldn't expect to see one wearing a unique color for very long. Not to mention they haven't picked a squadron yet and thus have no speciality.
One thing I'd like to make clear is that I chose these colors based on the markings present in the Google document. I'll also be putting a poll for those so inclined, but I would like if all those who aren't currently whitelisted for CivPro to abstain from voting at this time as it wouldn't be fair.
Link to the poll is right here. Results will be available publicly so FL(s) and others can determine what steps to take going forward, if any.