Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Conscript Models Progress

  • Thread starter Thread starter ThomasK110
  • Start date Start date
T

ThomasK110

Guest
I don't know where else to put this, but wanted to share my progress on new models (ideally) for the CCR, that's what I'd like eventually at least.



Image 1: The model with one of the webbing presets and outer tactical vest in Blender. You can see the M1911 holster which I removed the "US" markings from and the jacket which I will discuss for the next image. Variants of the jacket also exist with rolled sleeves and those will be included.
1715036754941.png



Images 2 & 3: Screenshots in-game of the jacket's texture. It uses a digitised urban (might be fan-made) DPM variant, which is a British camouflage pattern (because we make the best ones). I chose it because it closely matches the terrain and I hate the idea of wearing full OD green because it just seems too generic and boring to me. There are no patches yet on the jacket but that will come, I promise.
1715037014105.png1715036930109.png



Just to be 100% clear, the models I'm using are adapted from the Cold War U.S. Infantry pack on the Steam Workshop along with a couple of additions that the author hasn't released on the workshop but has over discord. The vest is from the same place Kawa got his for the current conscript models, which is a remake of the HECU by Yukon. The textures I am going to be making myself, for the most part at least.

I'll keep you guys posted, leave any suggestions or feedback in the replies :3
 
I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Should replace the molle plate carrier with an OG Frag vest or a PASGT Vest
 
Should replace the molle plate carrier with an OG Frag vest or a PASGT Vest
I can use a PASGT but the model clips through the shirt unless I use a specific version of said shirt with the middle part made invisible. It's a pain in the ass but I might try it.
 
I can use a PASGT but the model clips through the shirt unless I use a specific version of said shirt with the middle part made invisible. It's a pain in the ass but I might try it.
W/E you can do stuff looks great as always chief nice to see you banging out new camo variants regardless but if you can do a frag vest or the passy vest go for it'll look great
 
I have made more progress on the textures. I've also added pockets to the sleeves of the models and epaulettes (which I plan to make rank sliders for). The T-shirt you see on the woodland jacket is going to be used on both for simplicity's sake and because it fits pretty well. I am yet to make a desert texture, and I'll think about it if the CCR ever plan on doing something in the desert.

1715205401906.png1715205430931.png

I still need to sort out the final sleeve model and pockets for that as well, but it should be a fairly quick job. I don't know when the models will be released, it could take upwards of a month before a full release, and that presumes the female models work (I still don't know how I'm going to do them). I plan to release a demo version of likely just Male 07 within a week for the CCR to look at and decide on.



Don't count on all of the following happening - there may be certain things I just cannot achieve.

Further planned features:
- More webbing configurations.
- Radio backpack (AN/PRC-77)
- PASGT Helmet, with scrim, riot visor, goggles.
- Rank sliders on the epaulettes (I need to know what insignia to use first though).
- Gas masks, gas mask bags,
- A patrol cap, berets.
- Glasses (you simply look cooler with aviators, it's scientifically proven).
- Rucksack and Hydration packs.

Things I want to try out:
- A PASGT flak vest instead of OTV.
- Camouflage patterns on the body armour.
- A formal uniform.
 
That digitized DPM on the right did some ungodly things to me

I want 10 sets IRL rn
 
I have made more progress on the textures. I've also added pockets to the sleeves of the models and epaulettes (which I plan to make rank sliders for). The T-shirt you see on the woodland jacket is going to be used on both for simplicity's sake and because it fits pretty well. I am yet to make a desert texture, and I'll think about it if the CCR ever plan on doing something in the desert.

View attachment 34785View attachment 34786

I still need to sort out the final sleeve model and pockets for that as well, but it should be a fairly quick job. I don't know when the models will be released, it could take upwards of a month before a full release, and that presumes the female models work (I still don't know how I'm going to do them). I plan to release a demo version of likely just Male 07 within a week for the CCR to look at and decide on.



Don't count on all of the following happening - there may be certain things I just cannot achieve.

Further planned features:
- More webbing configurations.
- Radio backpack (AN/PRC-77)
- PASGT Helmet, with scrim, riot visor, goggles.
- Rank sliders on the epaulettes (I need to know what insignia to use first though).
- Gas masks, gas mask bags,
- A patrol cap, berets.
- Glasses (you simply look cooler with aviators, it's scientifically proven).
- Rucksack and Hydration packs.

Things I want to try out:
- A PASGT flak vest instead of OTV.
- Camouflage patterns on the body armour.
- A formal uniform.
Why hasn't this man been hired as CT? @Atle
 
Loving your work, love that you share it with me via discord too! (Even if I don't know anything about the CCR or Conscripts :) ) Keep up the great work Thomas! :D
 


You should rip the DPM stuff from the Cold war brits pack


I reckon you'll find alot of your stuff cut out for you and some good stuff alongside that.

I could, but I’ve already got gear and a camouflage pattern that I like. I’ll take a look and if anything peaks my interest I’ll look at adding it onto the model. Although it might be hard to cram it in there because I’ll already have to remove a number of hairstyles and a couple of beards to get the bodygroup combinations below 4.3 billion.
 
You might aswell theres only ever like 1-2 female characters in any group and they're almost exclusively short stories event characters
Yeah but then it excludes any female CCR characters. Women can be political conscripts too, it’s 2020 in Willard.
 
Back
Top