Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Conscript Models Progress

  • Thread starter Thread starter ThomasK110
  • Start date Start date
PROGRESS UPDATE
​
Rank slides are on their way. I have previews of several now. I made the textures myself, there's going to be a total of 12 different slides for each CCR rank.

1715436912158.png1715437839324.png1715437878844.png
 
I have made more progress on the textures. I've also added pockets to the sleeves of the models and epaulettes (which I plan to make rank sliders for). The T-shirt you see on the woodland jacket is going to be used on both for simplicity's sake and because it fits pretty well. I am yet to make a desert texture, and I'll think about it if the CCR ever plan on doing something in the desert.

View attachment 34785View attachment 34786

I still need to sort out the final sleeve model and pockets for that as well, but it should be a fairly quick job. I don't know when the models will be released, it could take upwards of a month before a full release, and that presumes the female models work (I still don't know how I'm going to do them). I plan to release a demo version of likely just Male 07 within a week for the CCR to look at and decide on.



Don't count on all of the following happening - there may be certain things I just cannot achieve.

Further planned features:
- More webbing configurations.
- Radio backpack (AN/PRC-77)
- PASGT Helmet, with scrim, riot visor, goggles.
- Rank sliders on the epaulettes (I need to know what insignia to use first though).
- Gas masks, gas mask bags,
- A patrol cap, berets.
- Glasses (you simply look cooler with aviators, it's scientifically proven).
- Rucksack and Hydration packs.

Things I want to try out:
- A PASGT flak vest instead of OTV.
- Camouflage patterns on the body armour.
- A formal uniform.
Balaclava? ;(


I'm kidding though, yes please this is fucking gorgeous. Some of the best work I've seen yet on here. I'd love to see the finished product and see it get used in-server!
 
Wheres my master corporal rank shoulder boards >:L
 
Last edited:
Give em the bush cap we're not yanks
Sorry mate, we’re getting the Yankanese patrol cap and a bush hat. BUT FEAR NOT, the pattern is still digital DPM. HOWEVER, in a bizarre twist of events, the colours on the urban digital DPM are the same as the US Army’s UCP, but it sort of works in this environment for some reason.
 
PROGRESS UPDATE!!!111!!!1!

The male models are done in Blender*, and I've exported all of that gear. As long as I get the textures done then you can look forwards to a demo version being released later today. Here is a preview of some more gear.​

1715587172853.png1715587167618.png
1715587217775.png
*I need to make sure the headwear fits each model individually - that's one of the easier jobs though.



Unexpected Positive News: Female Models
​
So you know how I mentioned these would take ages, and I might need help with them. Turns out, all I needed to do was use my brain and ask @kawasaniac how he did it. They aren't done, and I need to get the bone weights correct and probably move around the hands (because for some godforsaken reason the female models need straight fingers, the male ones don't). Furthermore, I have finished with the shirts and vests on these models; I hope you like the results: @Cjtn10 did.

1715587184793.png1715587163054.png
The line in the arm is because of the mesh from the arm being joined with the shirt and cut off to avoid clipping with the other two sleeve models. It shouldn't show up when the models are in source.

If all goes well, a demo of both male and female models will be released later today. I cannot make any promises, and it can always go horrendously wrong, but for now everything seems fine.

I welcome any feedback. Have a great day.
- ThomasK
 
Back
Top