Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Official Devblog #21 - Animation view, attributes, misc, BETA changelog

ZUMSe9v7s-c7hpctJoRRqSh6RTezKrAJUawUGCVo2eIRprxjTMFvKiaOty6YtL81GjdLz_3JeCdQr4o2SY3UaSkcOyrPK31ct5uIjXaiBpU1YeFHaAlKZJ26tXFVFcId2ZH-rv6C

Devblog #21 - Animation view, attributes, misc, BETA changelog
Thanks to the developers for their fantastic work and support!

Now that we've completed our first BETA we've identified a handful of bugs and have successfully fixed them, all thanks to the helping participation of everyone here! Below are a few new additions but the main chunk of this devblog is in the last section with the the BETA result changelog. I consider the BETA a success with good stability proven and performance assured. Hope you've all had fun exploring the new features!

1. Animation view

When using animations you'll now enter thirdperson and you're able to zoom in/out while you're at it! In addition to the thirdperson animation view we've introduced a couple of new animations for citizens and CPs including the salute as shown on the streamable above. New animations can be found with /actstand 1-4

2. Attributes now show which skill it levels up in char creation

When you select attributes during character creation you're now able to much more visibly see what the affects of selecting certain attributes are. Once you've selected your attributes and visit the "skills" tab you'll notice which skills your attributes affect with the green "attribute levels" text. This is also shown on the skills UI.

3. Misc updates

3.1 Door text visuals
We've updated the visuals of door texts from the previous large blue background and have reduced the text size to make it less of a immersion breaker.

doortext.jpg

3.2 POS device update
We've updated the POS device for shop owners. You're now able to lock a POS device to your ID card meaning if said device gets stolen the thieves cannot use it unless you've unlocked the device. We've also updated the icons to make more sense and we've added a "show transactions" option, allowing you to browse the latest transactions, complete with a new UI to make it more easy to manage. Each transactions now also requires a "reason" to help tracking.

transactions.JPG
POS device in your inventory

pos.jpg
New UI (a bit outdated on the screenshot) for viewing transactions on the POS device

4. BETA changelog

Now that the BETA has concluded, we've successfully identified a handful of bugs and fixed them thanks to y'all participating during the testing! Thank you all very much for helping in and we hope you've enjoyed the experience! Below is the changelog as a result of the beta:

New features
  • 🟩Implemented a new animation view
  • 🟩Implemented attribute skill level text during char creation
  • 🟩Implemented a transaction system + UI to keep track of credit transactions
  • 🟩Implemented a easy to use admin panel to manage apartments / shops
  • 🟩Implemented a new admin warning system
  • 🟩Added a new combine music radio
  • 🟩Added /med and /itd commands (direct /me's and /it for the player you're looking at)
  • 🟩Implemented temporary admin groups
  • 🟩Implemented temporary pet flags

Improvements
  • 🟦 Updated POS terminal icons
  • 🟦 Refactored item stacking
  • 🟦 Added new citizen/CP animations
  • 🟦 Updated admin ESP with more item information
  • 🟦 Improved radio visuals if someone is all caps shouting
  • 🟦 Skills that reach max level no longer show a progress bar
  • 🟦 CP waypoints no longer last 5 minutes, lasts about 1-2 minutes to reduce cluster on the UI.
  • 🟦 Shop terminal UI now informs the player they'll need to pick up their apartment key from the pickup terminal to avoid confusion.
  • 🟦Items now stack upon being given
  • 🟦 Improved visual of door texts
  • 🟦Smuggler will now pick a randomized pickup cache
  • 🟦Implemented a clean all death drop check after 5 hours
  • 🟦Gas now scales depending on your HP
  • 🟦Iron sight added for the HL2 SMG
  • 🟦Opening doors during TBC now counts as a move
  • 🟦Lowered bread cooking recipe level requirement
  • 🟦Glasses no longer drop on death (for now)

Bugfixes
  • 🟥 Fixed housing key bug
  • 🟥 Fixed TBC infinite loop
  • 🟥 Fixed CP/OTA npc relations (they're no longer hostile)
  • 🟥 Fixed CP barricade spazzing out
  • 🟥 Fixed TBC bug that managed to spam 8 100 000 lines of error messages
  • 🟥 Fixed error caused by butchering
  • 🟥 Fixed error with the legs plugin
  • 🟥 Fixed a couple of stackable item errors
  • 🟥 Fixed gas plugin when attempting to index faction info
  • 🟥 Fixed a pickup terminal error
  • 🟥 Fixed a bug where you'd respawn at your body
  • 🟥 Fixed error with anti-alt detection
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with vort beam causing errors
  • 🟥 Fixed healing medical error
  • 🟥 Dead player ragdolls no longer spam upon death in some cases
  • 🟥 Fixed breaching charge radius being far too large
  • 🟥 Scanners no longer spawn with physgun
  • 🟥 Fixed issue where apartment door texts wouldn't be removed
  • 🟥 Fixed spawn ESP not working
  • 🟥 Fixed issue where apartments would reset after map restart
  • 🟥 Fixed issue where OTA couldn't view their ar2 HD texture
  • 🟥 Fixed issue where CPs/OTA didn't have combine arms
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with /linkaccount not properly setting the correct rank
  • 🟥 Smuggler no longer shows items you're unable to buy
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with filters not working properly
  • 🟥 Fixed missing "sauce base" item from the cooking item category
  • 🟥 Fixed issue with a couple of CP guns not working
  • 🟥 A few more TBC errors fixed
  • 🟥 And of course more misc bugs/failsafes

Donate
We now provide easy-access to donations via the forums with automatic account linking!
By supporting us you'll be helping fund the amazing work of our talented Developers.

The Beta was really fun! I definitely saw a difference in performance even with my crappy PC!

Do you think you could post a vid of all the new animation’s
I can probably get some screenshots later, but there's:
an animation with you standing with your hands behind you back, legs spread, like you're lining up in some CP ceremony
saluting
leaning on a table like you're interrogating someone
and crossing your arms

There's also some others (hands up, injured, kneeling), but I'm not 100% sure if they're being used

I can probably get some screenshots later, but there's:
an animation with you standing with your hands behind you back, legs spread, like you're lining up in some CP ceremony
saluting
leaning on a table like you're interrogating someone
and crossing your arms

There's also some others (hands up, injured, kneeling), but I'm not 100% sure if they're being used
Oh cause I was hoping they fixed the CP animation where when you walk or run as a cp you have your fist up in the air, this is because valve never made an animation for the CP running without anything in its hand

Oh cause I was hoping they fixed the CP animation where when you walk or run as a cp you have your fist up in the air, this is because valve never made an animation for the CP running without anything in its hand
CPs will pretty much always have their stunsticks, pistols, or SMGs out anyway

CPs will pretty much always have their stunsticks, pistols, or SMGs out anyway
I mean we have a custom model for CP's that isn't a direct replacement. We could try to "port" the civvie run animation onto CP for nothing in the hand. It's been done before for PM specific versions of CP's

I mean we have a custom model for CP's that isn't a direct replacement. We could try to "port" the civvie run animation onto CP for nothing in the hand. It's been done before for PM specific versions of CP's
We already have custom animations so it should at least be possible... But then it's an issue of the animations not being made to fit with the bones

We already have custom animations so it should at least be possible... But then it's an issue of the animations not being made to fit with the bones
Well technically, the CPs do sort of use the same bones as citizens (I think) since the CPs are really just citizens with the armor on, that being said, I’ve noticed that you seem to (in some ways) change your model and animations entirely when you put the helmet on, so I don’t really know

Back