Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

District One - General Feedback

nath1234567

Radio Bob Approved
ENG
WN Management
Server Management
Events Lead
Gamemaster
Joined
Nov 27, 2021
Messages
169
Please give us your honest thoughts of our District One event below with suggestions on how the event team may improve things going forward.

1790363440098.png
​
 
Top notch start, I was loving the start. First week was one of (if not) the best weeks of Willard yet.

I was advertised playing in O Block, instead we got force fed politics, and the fabricator.
Roleplay was great, but false advertising was not.
I still loved most people there, other than Ket, horrible roleplayer and should be banned.

I felt The Pit was a little overpowered, but it stayed an event faction, so I didn't mind too much.
 
Last edited:
Overall, the event was pretty well received albeit with some minor critiques namely being some tonal whiplash in very minor situations the fabricators, combine forcefields alongside an event cop randomly appearing out of the blue with a full vocoder and the sort when it was confirmed by CivPro leads that vocoders and the like wouldn't be for a while due to the year being 2008.


My only real critique has been aired out several times, that being the constant need to lean on a GM for some of the most minor of things, something that's been received and addressed and is hopefully going to be amended for the foreseeable.

My only valid complaint that I probably have was the whole 'interlude' in the ruins on the modified City-24 map, I feel that wasn't needed and the event could've just ended with everyone hauling ass on the train and getting out


Overall 9/10, would pipebomb again


feeeling Jolly.gif
 
Start of the event was epic. Thought it was the best material Willard had made in a long time.

Middle of the event, basically after the fabricator and introduction of politics essentially lead to the ruin of the event.

End of the event obviously from my standpoint I had killed my character off and watched the rest.

The event was promising and shows that the abilities of the Event Team to create something immersive and wanting of the playerbase is actually there. Was it perhaps let down by specific aspects, absolutely, though that does not mean the overall idea and execution was poor.

The systems not being developed in by humans and instead by that bloody french bastard Claude really fucked it up.

Regardless, I think the ET can take the event in stride, be happy about the first parts of it and try and capture that feeling for the rest. Stick to event narrative, don't please everyone by adding every element (throwing politics at the server when we could've done gang v gang politics).

Also, accept applications for groups that actually make sense. No hate to Appachi or Salvage, but they were literally afk the entire event OR too similar to regular city unions. The other gangs actually went to war at the start and then those who lives (myself) basically tried to do stuff but was sort of overshadowed by the fact we had to deal with political RP and cops joining forces with one group particularly.

Willard staff departments in general need to be better at focusing on what we want to do as opposed to needing to please the entire playerbase 24/7. The event would've been 1000% better if we had stuck to the Gang Land shit that we had set out and advertised in the first place and ended it by killing everyone for being a failed district imo.

Well done @nath1234567 @Badger & the rest of you, I know the ending wasn't what you wanted, but blame the shitters and capture that feeling from the start again and the next will be epic.
 
Complaints:

Some loot / items are stupid hard to obtain.. Glue, is a prime example.

Sewers were mostly pointless, nothing down there bar a couple of trash piles, and rarely a zombie.

Too gang based. Cops did fuck all. Even when there was a Murderer on the loose, they wouldn't do anything. Even had 3 sit and watch a fight between a few people & an Axe Murderer.

Cops claimed 2 apartment buildings, the Cafe at the end of main street, and near the end, the warehouse where Salvage Co was based... Leaving almost no space for anybody.

People owned stores, without ever opening 'em (Or rarely)

Clean / Dirty Clothes, and industrial suits were useless, apart from asking Staff for fabric from them.. Or crafting them into actual suits, which..required glue (see point 1).

Workbenches having no "tools" on them, makes the Workbench pointless, unless you're planning to instantly upgrade them into Metal Workbenches.

I enjoy RP, but most people just hid in bases, unless an event, or decided to venture out randomly... and then mostly ignored others, unless they were already friends / know each other.
 
I would have liked to see more player initiative and less consolidation of the groups.

I have also listed more details regarding the above points in the other feedback thread:
I would like to add, now that district one is done, a minor complaint about the players. It seems like people are generally now only apt to do things if it is started by some already made group or someone that is in a faction or an admin character. I do get not everyone is going to want to make a new government thing but then there were times that I would ask for some help or invite people to things and people would just refuse for no reason, even after being told it would not be that hard and even though all they were actually doing was sitting around, not even talking to people.

People need to have more initiative and be more open to new things, don't rely on staff and/or factions to give you stuff.

The event was kind of disappointing for me, not because of the way it was made or ran, but because the players that refused to do things. It also does not help that after a few days it mainly turned into two main groups with the salvage company then becoming the main one, as well as it just seeming to feel more like a de facto CWU, CMU, and CPs arrangement rather than normal gangs or groups. It as well was made worse by people land grabbing and locking every door they could find.
 
Well, where do I start?
To me the first three weeks of the event were really good.
I loved the drama, the intrigue and the cops we had during this event were really good, better than what we had in V2.

I loved the intrigue, the drama, the multiple instances of people scheming behind each other's back.
After the third week, I think it became extremely boring.
I felt like politics was forced down everyone’s throat to some degree and kinda’ overtook the gang RP.

I haven’t seen big gang wars of any sort happen, the end of D1 felt a bit anticlimactic as well, but I’ll chalk it up to the amount of things happening at once and the fact the final fight with the railway.. was with one person in the end, instead of a squad armed to the teeth with guns.
After the railway attack, it felt like it was pointlessly dragged out for two more days and then we went back to the train.

The main gripe with D1 is mostly how much politics became the center of attention rather than gang relations and gang warfare.
I could partially blame a group of players that tried to force it down everyone’s throat, especially with how the elections felt to be smacked together at the last second, same with the ministries.
But, enough of my jabber.

The RP was amazing, some of the best stuff I got out of HL2RP!
 
Last edited:
I think everyone can agree that the first two weeks were spectacular. Roleplay was really good, haven't had good roleplay like this since ages, and I think the cops in particular were tastefully done, massive props to both Nezoose and Nora. Things kind of took a turn downwards if I am looking back at the whole event though, and I realize that the event is lacking in some regards. It would be a solid 10 would it not be for these issues below.

Gangs were not as present or as prevalent as I had liked them to be. The first weeks left quite an impression on me and I was genuinely sure that I would have to be afraid to walk into the slums as a cop. That has not happened, and from asking around, most gang activity kind of died down after the second week. It's a shame, I enjoyed the concept a lot, and I frankly would have loved to have interacted with them more.

I think leaning into politics roleplay wasn't a good idea here, especially since I felt that it kind of took away from the whole event vibe. Again, I don't mind it, but I do not know why politics was pushed over gang violence and such, that is just a question that I have.

Roleplay-wise, I really appreciate how this event allowed for player roleplay to be easily pushed. Plotting, plotting, more plotting, there wasn't a moment where I was idle, and I found myself extremely busy for the most part. If anything, this event is a very, very good base to build upon, and I hope both the good and the bad can be recognized, and built upon.
​
 
I think everyone can agree that the first two weeks were spectacular. Roleplay was really good, haven't had good roleplay like this since ages, and I think the cops in particular were tastefully done, massive props to both Nezoose and Nora. Things kind of took a turn downwards if I am looking back at the whole event though, and I realize that the event is lacking in some regards. It would be a solid 10 would it not be for these issues below.

Gangs were not as present or as prevalent as I had liked them to be. The first weeks left quite an impression on me and I was genuinely sure that I would have to be afraid to walk into the slums as a cop. That has not happened, and from asking around, most gang activity kind of died down after the second week. It's a shame, I enjoyed the concept a lot, and I frankly would have loved to have interacted with them more.

I think leaning into politics roleplay wasn't a good idea here, especially since I felt that it kind of took away from the whole event vibe. Again, I don't mind it, but I do not know why politics was pushed over gang violence and such, that is just a question that I have.

Roleplay-wise, I really appreciate how this event allowed for player roleplay to be easily pushed. Plotting, plotting, more plotting, there wasn't a moment where I was idle, and I found myself extremely busy for the most part. If anything, this event is a very, very good base to build upon, and I hope both the good and the bad can be recognized, and built upon.
​
Wraygun: and also props to melodicwaste for her amazing characters and superb writing ability
 
I thought the event was good.

Had some interesting roleplay, lost a hand to some Serbians, and made some ride or die friends.

Any rumors of Carter being a cannibal are fabricated and untrue.

The interim event in between part 1 and 2 of D1 was kind of a nothingburger for me though.
 
The first week was of course alright. My main problem was the aversion to any form of conflict no matter how quick it came (I was PM'd by GMs to hold back for some reason). This was meant to be the lowest of the lowest in terms of districts, yet everything felt too harmonious when engaging with it. I appreciate Nora and Nezoose for directing my character on a focus for striving gang warfare by going for the Black Flags. Their unfortunate demise came a bit early in the event, though that can be attributed by the person I recruited immediately snitching out to the group (thus the cat was out of the bag).

It was only really the 'true' gang warfare battle that ever took place in the entirety of the event. The weeks coming after was of course usurped by politics and though it eventually did build up to a riot that did become a bit of a nothingburger. It ultimately lacked the whole 'gang conflict' that District One was meant to be. I hopped on a new character making observations and generally if you weren't in an established gang (just a regular citizen). There was pretty much little for you to do outside of general passive RP of course. There was not really a vector to get engaged into the over-arching bits that went on.

Despite some icky moments and bad calls that have happened. The roleplay that has taken place in the event was quite enjoyable, only dulled out by a lack of what was advertised however. Two of the gangs weren't really 'gangs' in the criminal sense and were just people doing business.

If I was to rate the event? A 6-7/10.

I commend the roleplay of certain folks in the event. It was pretty fun to engage with some of you.​
 
was with one person in the end, instead of a squad armed to the teeth with guns.
Believe it or not, as 'disappointing' as it was, the reason there was one person only was purely IC. We would've been up against 4+ armed men if specific people didn't approach the end the way they did. Event folks should be proud that they allowed someone to setup this much initiative and allow such impact to affect the crescendo.
 
Believe it or not, as 'disappointing' as it was, the reason there was one person only was purely IC. We would've been up against 4+ armed men if specific people didn't approach the end the way they did.
It's still a shame, I do realize it was for IC reasons, but I was hoping for a climactic battle for survival!
Still, hope it goes better next time!
 
It's still a shame, I do realize it was for IC reasons, but I was hoping for a climactic battle for survival!
Still, hope it goes better next time!
I was *hoping* some people sided with the railway... Everyone had too much spine to stick to the precincts plan instead of try and con us for a chance of getting out.
 
Back
Top