Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamland Day 2 Feedback

Ekrell

Radio Bob Approved
SS Manager
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Messages
270
Three artifacts down, two more to go.
 
  • Feel like there weren't really enough 'deaths' to make the games feel uneasy. Whenever there was a death, it was A: A character nobody really cared about, or B: Brought back instantly.

  • Would've also hoped for less 'loot', considering we never really needed it until the last possible moment. Felt like a lot of people were just running around for loot at the start of the event, which made necessary character development for actual 'drama' unable to really happen.

  • Besides that, I liked the games, all of them really. Would've loved for a hide and seek one to be included, where 1 person has to volunteer, and the rest get to hide. If said person doesn't find 2 people by the end, he dies. If he does, they die. Kind of like the machete game, but instead of tag, hide and seek.

  • One more thing I enjoyed was that there was actually a special ending for a 'special' character. (Special as in, he's CCA, not because my char was anything too interesting.) I like it when Events/Short Stories have different endings based on player interactions and certain perks/disadvantages.
 
The event was peak! However, I wish I played another character for the event... I felt really awkward playing VICE-77.

Until the next.
 
The event was peak! However, I wish I played another character for the event... I felt really awkward playing VICE-77.
Remove Veteran Characters from the next event!!!!

Give me new interesting characters, and cliques that spawn from people who have ICly never met each other.
Saw mfs get sacrificed by others, and still keep up that ultra loyal "Anything for you my queen." shit... Dawg...

#KillAllVeterans2025
 
Remove Veteran Characters from the next event!!!!

Give me new interesting characters, and cliques that spawn from people who have ICly never met each other.
Saw mfs get sacrificed by others, and still keep up that ultra loyal "Anything for you my queen." shit... Dawg...

#KillAllVeterans2025
i wanted to kill vice-77 so bad i stood at the exit portal then just 'ran' back into the fight. Gotta satisfy vice-77's 'ultra s2k urges'
 
Y'all acting like you HAVE to play veteran characters :mad:
 
I didn't stay until the very end, due to irl stuff HOWEVER what I did play, I enjoyed a lot! A short list of things:


Positives:
+ Very good atmosphere and feels of "hopelessness" and "no escape", through most of the games
+ Risk, and feeling of dread when some games were done (especially the machete one)
+ Fun interactions IC, with conversations, consequences, even if some weren't that BIG, I liked how they're there
+ Plenty of activities, IC ones, or more "meta" ones (crafting, looting), for everyone, meaning that if you didn't want to talk with people, or had some idea, you could do it


Some negatives though:
- Lack of any combine influence until the every end (Again, I wasn't till the end, but still), made it feel very "empty" as, people got sent there by the Combine administration, and they would definitely notice lack of communication etc. I would have liked some combine dispatch announcements or broadcasts getting through, maybe some synths or such be sent inbetween.
- Too much focus on loot. I was partially part of the problem, BUT, far too many people only cared about it. I still talked with people IC, rp'd, chilled, did passive and so on, even when making things, but some just didn't. And because me (and some others) expected Silent City sort of situation (lotsa monsters) soon, then yeah...
- Not ENOUGH risk. I said there was some, and yeah, there was... But not enough, only few people permanently died, some didn't at all. Although some IC injuries and scars are cool, they ain't the same.



Other than that though (I may have forgotten a few things), I enjoyed it! :3
 
Y'all acting like you HAVE to play veteran characters :mad:
I blame the people who play Veteran characters.

Short Stories is not made for lasting characters over the span of multiple, widely different Short Stories events. It's made for new environments with new characters, new personalities and a lot of things that can go wrong because people don't know each other.

It's impossible to create disunity and anguish amongst people who have been through life and death multiple times, and as such, trust each other to the core.

#KillAllVeterans2025
 
I blame the people who play Veteran characters.

Short Stories is not made for lasting characters over the span of multiple, widely different Short Stories events. It's made for new environments with new characters, new personalities and a lot of things that can go wrong because people don't know each other.

It's impossible to create disunity and anguish amongst people who have been through life and death multiple times, and as such, trust each other to the core.

#KillAllVeterans2025
I mean, for next one, Ekrell could make a rule that you HAVE to make a new character, or maybe put a more STEEP limit on Vets, since I don't think there even was limit during Dreamland.

IC explainations for some characters missing, could be discussed between remaining Vet players, that the people who went with new characters can write to them.
 
Back
Top