- Joined
- Dec 3, 2020
- Messages
- 21
- Thread Author
- #1
Hi all,
I've been thinking about the possibility of bringing HL2RP to S&BOX. I know it's early days, but once the the HLA/HL2 model ports are in, I think the sky would be the limit. It would make no sense not to: the graphical improvements, larger map sizes, and shear amount of new tools available. Even the advanced AI and NPC's in-game, you could build a fully breathing interactable world with 0 player count.
It would be a shame not to at least attempt it. HL2RP could be revitalized, offering an entirely new experience to the modern day.
Of course, a new Half-Life game would be a major boost to this end, we can only hope. It would serve the baseline of models further and just give that buzz around the franchise to do it all over again.
What are your thoughts? Do you think HL2RP on S&BOX is feasible? Interested to hear people's thoughts on this.
I've been thinking about the possibility of bringing HL2RP to S&BOX. I know it's early days, but once the the HLA/HL2 model ports are in, I think the sky would be the limit. It would make no sense not to: the graphical improvements, larger map sizes, and shear amount of new tools available. Even the advanced AI and NPC's in-game, you could build a fully breathing interactable world with 0 player count.
It would be a shame not to at least attempt it. HL2RP could be revitalized, offering an entirely new experience to the modern day.
Of course, a new Half-Life game would be a major boost to this end, we can only hope. It would serve the baseline of models further and just give that buzz around the franchise to do it all over again.
What are your thoughts? Do you think HL2RP on S&BOX is feasible? Interested to hear people's thoughts on this.
