Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to access server-only content into singleplayer

Shimac's Stew

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Oct 28, 2022
Messages
219
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2849833628

Weapon Packs such as these are the one's that the server uses but I wanna use them in singleplayer instead. Mostly to get familiarized with the weapons themselves and to experiments with the attachments.

I already know the location of where these possible content are: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\workshop

Even though I could just get all of them and put it into my addons folder to be done with it, I am not so keen on overworking my Potato PC with an overloaded Gmod.

If someone can help me out on how to find out the Mod ID's or how to allow me to access said weapons into singleplayer, that'd be really appreciated.
 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2849833628

Weapon Packs such as these are the one's that the server uses but I wanna use them in singleplayer instead. Mostly to get familiarized with the weapons themselves and to experiments with the attachments.

I already know the location of where these possible content are: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\workshop

Even though I could just get all of them and put it into my addons folder to be done with it, I am not so keen on overworking my Potato PC with an overloaded Gmod.

If someone can help me out on how to find out the Mod ID's or how to allow me to access said weapons into singleplayer, that'd be really appreciated.

(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2131057232&searchtext=ArcCW+ - Base)

The content pack provided by Willard is strictly for materials and weapon models and doesn't function as ArcCW (As ArcCW is mounted to the server); this is done serverside and can not be replicated one-to-one without knowing what's on the other side. The only possible way to recreate this in a single-player is to find the exact weapons on the workshop that we use on the server; even then, it may not be a direct replica.

Hope this helps!
 
Last edited:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2849833628

Weapon Packs such as these are the one's that the server uses but I wanna use them in singleplayer instead. Mostly to get familiarized with the weapons themselves and to experiments with the attachments.

I already know the location of where these possible content are: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\workshop

Even though I could just get all of them and put it into my addons folder to be done with it, I am not so keen on overworking my Potato PC with an overloaded Gmod.

If someone can help me out on how to find out the Mod ID's or how to allow me to access said weapons into singleplayer, that'd be really appreciated.
This isn't really possible, unfortunately. Good news though, is that most ARC CW guns act similarly enough that using any of them is practice enough.

Sorry!
 
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2131057232&searchtext=ArcCW+ - Base)

The content pack provided by Willard is strictly for materials and weapon models and doesn't function as ArcCW (As ArcCW is mounted to the server); this is done serverside and can not be replicated one-to-one without knowing what's on the other side. The only possible way to recreate this in a single-player is to find the exact weapons on the workshop that we use on the server; even then, it may not be a direct replica.

Hope this helps!
This isn't really possible, unfortunately. Good news though, is that most ARC CW guns act similarly enough that using any of them is practice enough.

Sorry!
Dang, what a shame. Still, thanks for the answers!
 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2849833628

Weapon Packs such as these are the one's that the server uses but I wanna use them in singleplayer instead. Mostly to get familiarized with the weapons themselves and to experiments with the attachments.

I already know the location of where these possible content are: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\workshop

Even though I could just get all of them and put it into my addons folder to be done with it, I am not so keen on overworking my Potato PC with an overloaded Gmod.

If someone can help me out on how to find out the Mod ID's or how to allow me to access said weapons into singleplayer, that'd be really appreciated.
Most of the workshop stuff is practically pure models and so, you'd need to create essentially the config/weapon file on the local end to make them functional essentially. Also, there are programs like GMAD (https://github.com/Facepunch/gmad), which can be used to extract workshop GMA files, which is gonna be easier than browsing through your workshop cache specifically. Jaz generally put it well how it's done, but hopefully, this extra information helps if you want to play around with the stuff.
 
Back
Top