Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Malding, Seething AND Coping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szaliwun

Member
Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Messages
34
Hello y'all!
I have recently come under some scrutiny after posting a shitpost on Willard's private rebel discord, within a text channel of the group I am part of; it was done as a reaction to some guy's words. So, I send the meme n' it's all fine n' dandy... but, when I wake up the next morning I find out I was banned from the discord without any explanation nor warning. I try contacting one of the members of staff over discord to find out the reason, but I am simply ignored. Then, after two days of the in-game's server's problems, I try to join in, only to be met with this notification:
image.png
I have never before done anything that would warrant a punishment such as this, as I am a new member of this community - no warnings, no explanations, just a swift swing of the BAN hammer. The video in question that led me to receive the aforementioned verdict was this (I will post screenshots of the beginning and ending sequences, for my sake. If you wish to view the full video, I am more than willing to share it over Discord):
image (2).pngimage (3).png
There is no GRAPHICAL CONTENT whatsoever, it is NOT an NSFW video - just a shitpost, which some may find unsavory. Now, does it really deserve a punishment such as the one I received? I am more than sure it did not, but I guess that's just how it goes. Now, my sentence has been reduced... to a ONE MONTH long ban, after waiting for the issue to be resolved for almost a week - Congratulations ME! I even received a fancy explanation at the end of it as well... not really fancy, but eh...
image (4).png

This is not the end yet, as I have more things to discuss and share with y'all. There is a slight issue of double standards about my verdict, you see - primarily this:
image (6).pngimage (7).pngimage (5).pngDoesn't sending a video such as this, by a member of staff no less, bring offense to the unfortunate souls who have suffered due to the events of the 9/11 attacks, and the aftermath? I understand very well it is just a silly meme 'Among Us' video, but the double-standards are just... horrible. The shrimp picture as well, funny as it goes; an innocent image, although doesn't it allude to instigating self-harm?

I am really trying my best to wrap my head around this issue, alas I am unable to come to terms with the punishment I have received at the end of it... at least, partially - Why did I get banned from the in-game server over a discord OOC issue, GIVEN I had no previous record of bad behaviour? I wonder how many more players were treated the same way I was, if all it takes - allow me to repeat myself - for a normal, new player to get permanently banned without a warning nor explanation, is one simple video. This really speaks a lot about the way things work around here, which is rather scary.

I am sure I could find more images and videos such as the ones above, but, I have not started this whole post to target anyone, just voice the sheer amount of disappointment in how I was treated over such a trivial matter. Anyhow... that's all from me, have a great day and share your thoughts on this issue!
 
they are distasteful. I don't think it changes that its a joke?
This whole thread is revolving around this, mate. Time and time again, me and @zeroday:) have tried to explain this

There is a difference between being serious, and giving a joke.
As above...

And, truth be told, from what I'm seeing you are a literal nazi so in my eyes your whole opinion is invalid
Define 'literal nazi', dude
 
Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Define 'literal nazi', dude
This, literally this.
1693495717498.png
Before you say 'its a joke', there is a limit to where you should be taking jokes.

I'm actually gonna go on a little rant here, since its come up in the term of making fun of like 9/11 I think that shit is funny, you are making light of an event thats already happened. Even with the absolutely horrible events that occurred, yes, it may be offensive to some, no it is not offensive to me I laugh at anything, obviously where it doesn't go into such detail or to the point it almost feels like you HAVE to see these events on how they happened (especially when kids can be in discord). But when it comes to the point of 'I can make these jokes, you can't' it gets confusing. I will say this, and I am NOT defending him in any way for all I know he is a nazi. But, I will say this. He does show a form of hypocrisy, quoting me I cant make these jokes but they did. However, me saying this is assuming you are in some form of the right and I refuse to even humor that but I thought I would note it regardless.

Now, I am no staff or politician, but you attempting to post a video moments before a man shoots himself in the head with a shotgun who was suffering PTSD from iraq from everything I gathered. Is fucked up, post it among your other buddies not in a public discord. Would I be able to make the same argument if I posted the infamous 'cursed' video of a kid shooting him self with a rifle on his couch, but don't show when he does it? Would I be then be allowed to make a post saying I've been unfairly treated? Ect ect? No, in my eyes I would be banned on the spot permanently and rightfully so. You seem to have this idea of 'I didn't show the gore, there fore it doesn't fall under gore.' Now, if you can MAGICALLY, and some how justify saying looksmaxxing thousand of incel freaks into aryan beasts is a joke, and a used one (And I'm not talking used on 4chan, like in general) I will then SEMI, humor you shouldn't be a comedian. And you should still be banned, for a LOT longer then Neonity spared you with initially for posting cropped gore.​
 
You’re a pathetic runt.
 

Attachments

  • 8D7DDC3A-7A48-4354-9929-A998ED2F8BE2.jpeg
    8D7DDC3A-7A48-4354-9929-A998ED2F8BE2.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3
saying looksmaxxing thousand of incel freaks into aryan beasts is a joke
how do you even take it seriously ?? i understand the other pic but this specific quote can not be taken seriously it feels ironically said by a 13 yr old
 
Last edited:
how do you even take it seriously ?? i understand the other pic but this specific quote can not be taken seriously it feels ironically said by a 13 yr old
Know what, I'll humor this.

Sure, lets say its a joke. Even so, it is still distasteful and even beyond willard networks freedom of speech standards. Even if Neonity is reading to far in it (which I doubt, but hey who knows) he still posted gore. And I'll say, I think staff made a FAAAR to lenient decision on him for posting cropped gore. Any other server, it'd be a 6 month ban bare minimum.
 
Know what, I'll humor this.

Sure, lets say its a joke. Even so, it is still distasteful and even beyond willard networks freedom of speech standards. Even if Neonity is reading to far in it (which I doubt, but hey who knows) he still posted gore. And I'll say, I think staff made a FAAAR to lenient decision on him for posting cropped gore. Any other server, it'd be a 6 month ban bare minimum.
never said it's a funny joke smartie LMAO
yeah im not really involved with this shitshow
 
I'll provide wisdom and advice. Bi-partisan approach, here. TL;DR at the bottom.

Because it's a complaint thread and of course the complaints implicate my Head of Staff then, yes, I will be involving myself in the thread. I will start with a bit of brief history which I'm sure some of you might well remember. Our community was indeed a place that used to go ultimately crazy on "say what ever you want and get away with it" type of thing. Not exactly the greatest of things to ascertain with and not something to exactly be proud of back in 2021. Eventually that drew the attention of powers and high end individuals within Discord itself that said "You guys need to change."

Obviously there was the route of reconciliation because when we started becoming more and more public as an entity - you just know things do have to change. What happened in the past previously doesn't constitute justification on any parchment for what happens today. So that goes for practically everyone involved, not just my players on my server but my staff too.

Now, to put matters into perspective I do find it strange about how one person, or a group of people, can use and harness the essence of dark humour to be met with an equilibrium of that same energy and get upset about it. Generally my thought process that retorts this in life says the following:

"If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out." --- AKA: People need to grow backbones and that much is obvious. But at the same time there really needs a kick on the breaks.

I find that it's important to note that I feel your permaban at first was crazy, but the hard R there at the end does constitute into what Neonity decided upon in the thread just earlier.

So I'm going to put that aside from the moment and talk about staff conduct; yes, it feels a bit insufferable when we joke about horrible things and then get equally mad at something constituting to the same wavelength with it. The finger pointing starts afterward and the following message is presumed: "If they can do that, why can't I?!" - It's a very good question, because even I'm asking that question and well... I don't see myself going this route.

Hell, I've made some pretty obscene things to joke about before, but what we should all be catering to is a check on our surroundings before we start talking dumb or stupid shit. I mean, we are either someone or know someone that has taken part in or has been part of something that has shaped us, and not in a nice way. People are sensitive to various things and that's understandable, but this isn't a championship.

Personally I see it dumb as shit to joke about anything in the manners of which was pointed out earlier. Is it an ego boost for fragile ones? Is it a breaking balls type of thing? No, it's people like I mentioned earlier that are getting upset over some dumb shit while remaining oblivious that they're also saying dumb shit.

It's a complicated one because there's two camps here and I'm not in any mood to appease any. Are people paranoid about Discord TOS? VERY LIKELY, for obvious reasons; but I'll say it again that I don't believe your ban should have been permanent. But what ever happens now is up to Neonity who has upped the scales with what constitutes as the earlier comments made were brought to light.

I'm not here in this thread to say one person is a moron. I'm saying everyone's a moron and this should have been solved civilly rather than what ever it's turned out to be, now.

Here's what's happening -

  1. Neonity upped the scales and set the ban to permanent for the... well it's the hard R and Pagan Aryanism out of all things in the world, I can't really ignore that and I am bound to uphold Discord TOS because we are a discoverable server. Neon's ball game, now. You will have to post an appeal that's fresh and outside the scope of the complaint.

  2. Nobody should be posting fucking gore on my platform. For fuck sake people, shake it off and please use your brains.

  3. Staff should be professional. We have 2k people on our Discord server and I'm sure not everyone's going to have the same highlighting point of view. Laughs are good, edginess makes me want to perish of cringe overload. Looks like I've got a couple of staff members to shout at for letting it get out of hand a bit. :p

  4. We have rules. Staff are expected to follow them the same as players. If it's a conversation, it's fine. Obviously that's the expectation to go since we all love a good discussion. But the last thing I need is people going "APE TOGETHER STRONG" and flinging 9/11 jokes, holocaust jokes, suicide jokes etc trying to one-up who can be the most edgy and get triggered because someone else did a counter-trigger.

TL;DR - NO! Read the above you lazy stinker! I didn't take this time to go through and write this for you to SKIP IT!
 
I'll provide wisdom and advice. Bi-partisan approach, here. TL;DR at the bottom.

Because it's a complaint thread and of course the complaints implicate my Head of Staff then, yes, I will be involving myself in the thread. I will start with a bit of brief history which I'm sure some of you might well remember. Our community was indeed a place that used to go ultimately crazy on "say what ever you want and get away with it" type of thing. Not exactly the greatest of things to ascertain with and not something to exactly be proud of back in 2021. Eventually that drew the attention of powers and high end individuals within Discord itself that said "You guys need to change."

Obviously there was the route of reconciliation because when we started becoming more and more public as an entity - you just know things do have to change. What happened in the past previously doesn't constitute justification on any parchment for what happens today. So that goes for practically everyone involved, not just my players on my server but my staff too.

Now, to put matters into perspective I do find it strange about how one person, or a group of people, can use and harness the essence of dark humour to be met with an equilibrium of that same energy and get upset about it. Generally my thought process that retorts this in life says the following:

"If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out." --- AKA: People need to grow backbones and that much is obvious. But at the same time there really needs a kick on the breaks.

I find that it's important to note that I feel your permaban at first was crazy, but the hard R there at the end does constitute into what Neonity decided upon in the thread just earlier.

So I'm going to put that aside from the moment and talk about staff conduct; yes, it feels a bit insufferable when we joke about horrible things and then get equally mad at something constituting to the same wavelength with it. The finger pointing starts afterward and the following message is presumed: "If they can do that, why can't I?!" - It's a very good question, because even I'm asking that question and well... I don't see myself going this route.

Hell, I've made some pretty obscene things to joke about before, but what we should all be catering to is a check on our surroundings before we start talking dumb or stupid shit. I mean, we are either someone or know someone that has taken part in or has been part of something that has shaped us, and not in a nice way. People are sensitive to various things and that's understandable, but this isn't a championship.

Personally I see it dumb as shit to joke about anything in the manners of which was pointed out earlier. Is it an ego boost for fragile ones? Is it a breaking balls type of thing? No, it's people like I mentioned earlier that are getting upset over some dumb shit while remaining oblivious that they're also saying dumb shit.

It's a complicated one because there's two camps here and I'm not in any mood to appease any. Are people paranoid about Discord TOS? VERY LIKELY, for obvious reasons; but I'll say it again that I don't believe your ban should have been permanent. But what ever happens now is up to Neonity who has upped the scales with what constitutes as the earlier comments made were brought to light.

I'm not here in this thread to say one person is a moron. I'm saying everyone's a moron and this should have been solved civilly rather than what ever it's turned out to be, now.

Here's what's happening -

  1. Neonity upped the scales and set the ban to permanent for the... well it's the hard R and Pagan Aryanism out of all things in the world, I can't really ignore that and I am bound to uphold Discord TOS because we are a discoverable server. Neon's ball game, now. You will have to post an appeal that's fresh and outside the scope of the complaint.

  2. Nobody should be posting fucking gore on my platform. For fuck sake people, shake it off and please use your brains.

  3. Staff should be professional. We have 2k people on our Discord server and I'm sure not everyone's going to have the same highlighting point of view. Laughs are good, edginess makes me want to perish of cringe overload. Looks like I've got a couple of staff members to shout at for letting it get out of hand a bit. :p

  4. We have rules. Staff are expected to follow them the same as players. If it's a conversation, it's fine. Obviously that's the expectation to go since we all love a good discussion. But the last thing I need is people going "APE TOGETHER STRONG" and flinging 9/11 jokes, holocaust jokes, suicide jokes etc trying to one-up who can be the most edgy and get triggered because someone else did a counter-trigger.

TL;DR - NO! Read the above you lazy stinker! I didn't take this time to go through and write this for you to SKIP IT!
Invalid TL;DR did not read
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top