ROLEPLAYING REAL, HUMAN EVIL -- Civil Protection Behavior Guide: The Mannerisms of Mundane Tyrants

willard mfers on their way to debate the most random things that arent related to half life 2: (this is peak entertainment and the show must go on)

willard mfers on their way to debate the most random things that arent related to half life 2: (this is peak entertainment and the show must go on)
Toby you will be immured behind a wall until you apologize for your sins.

By what authority do you, Botulism, make these claims and assertations? Are you even a member of the Civil Protection faction? Adding onto this point, why should every CP character conform to your expectations of how it should be played? Isn't part of a RP server having creative ideas and not making cut and paste characters? I don't think a post like this is beneficial whatsoever to this server.

Anyone else notice the exuberant amount of Holocaust references? I don't like the underlying pseudo-religious subtext in this message, and I don't think it had any value even if you wanted to make the aforementioned point regarding Civil Protection.

Attachments

• IMG_7910.jpg
    IMG_7910.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
I feel like CPs are laxed, because most OOC are chill people and also... Most folks, dont like and dont wanna be overly evil or DICKISH IC.

I mean, look at how rare evil playthroughs are in most games that have them. People dont wanna be evil or mean, which u gotta be in order to be a CP, akin to USSR Militia or 2rd Reich Gestapo.

I feel like CPs are laxed, because most OOC are chill people and also... Most folks, dont like and dont wanna be overly evil or DICKISH IC.

I mean, look at how rare evil playthroughs are in most games that have them. People dont wanna be evil or mean, which u gotta be in order to be a CP, akin to USSR Militia or 2rd Reich Gestapo.
i dont see how the USSR militia and the gestapo are similar

I will say, I'm not wholly comfortable with people using real-world horrors and media related to such topics as reference points to try and 'perfect' their Civil Protection characters. There are plenty of similarities you could draw between the Combine and the Nazis/Soviet Union, yeah, but there's such wider distance of a disconnect at play here.

I genuinely don't expect anyone has ever actually done this (I hope), but it doesn't sit right with me to think someone would watch a film as haunting as 'Come and See' just to be writing notes on the side on how to be a better Civil Protection unit for a Garry's Mod server in the setting of Half-Life as a 30 minute scene of German soldiers burning buildings with children inside played.

Seriously, look at that scenario from an outsider's perspective.

Anyway, you don't need to study this stuff to play a captivating character. There are plenty of villainous characters in fiction to draw from for inspiration. This is just my personal bugbear, though. If the methods in this thread genuinely help you write better, then go ahead. Just consume responsibly and with solidarity.

That is not my point, my
I will say, I'm not wholly comfortable with people using real-world horrors and media related to such topics as reference points to try and 'perfect' their Civil Protection characters. There are plenty of similarities you could draw between the Combine and the Nazis/Soviet Union, yeah, but there's such wider distance of a disconnect at play here.

I genuinely don't expect anyone has ever actually done this (I hope), but it doesn't sit right with me to think someone would watch a film as haunting as 'Come and See' just to be writing notes on the side on how to be a better Civil Protection unit for a Garry's Mod server in the setting of Half-Life as a 30 minute scene of German soldiers burning buildings with children inside played.

Seriously, look at that scenario from an outsider's perspective.

Anyway, you don't need to study this stuff to play a captivating character. There are plenty of villainous characters in fiction to draw from for inspiration. This is just my personal bugbear, though. If the methods in this thread genuinely help you write better, then go ahead. Just consume responsibly and with solidarity.
Main point I have isnt that tho, I just said that in order to be a "bad" CP JUST LIKE THE EXAMPLES SHOWN, you gotta be an ass, which most People arent and dont wanna be, hell, most People dont even wanna RP being mean.

Well, I mean like both being oppressive, civil and human rights ignoring police-like figures that clearly inspired civil protection
wait is he talking about the soviet ww2 militia or some other one i dont know

wait is he talking about the soviet ww2 militia or some other one i dont know
Soviet Militia aka. POLICE force they had. It was present for instance in Poland (ZOMO)

Lets just say, they were basically civil protection irl

Another banger by Botulism. 🙏
jake gyllenhaal film GIF

I mean if people just got it the first time that mafk wouldn't have to make 200 threads. What you're seeing here is passion and the work to back it up. Though Nick can be only slightly cringe, he's correct in what he's saying here.

Edit: I'm only calling Nick "Slight Cringe" so I have an out if he dives off the complete deep end. Love ya buddy

Back