ROLEPLAYING REAL, HUMAN EVIL -- Civil Protection Behavior Guide: The Mannerisms of Mundane Tyrants

I mean if people just got it the first time that mafk wouldn't have to make 200 threads. What you're seeing here is passion and the work to back it up. Though Nick can be only slightly cringe, he's correct in what he's saying here.

Edit: I'm only calling Nick "Slight Cringe" so I have an out if he dives off the complete deep end. Love ya buddy
1725004038924.png

Truth though, I'm just absolutely crazy and they ain't ready for this.

Botulism tell me where you got the art pls bruh
It was from two actual artists, I believe the Russian gulag art was from an actual gulag survivor and the same thing with that artistry of the men enchained in a line -- that was a Khmer Rouge survivor. I chose artists who were victims of Communism because I felt like historical periods like the Great Purge were ironically 10x more dystopian than a dystopian setting such as this one.

It was from two actual artists, I believe the Russian gulag art was from an actual gulag survivor and the same thing with that artistry of the men enchained in a line -- that was a Khmer Rouge survivor. I chose artists who were victims of Communism because I felt like historical periods like the Great Purge were ironically 10x more dystopian than a dystopian setting such as this one.
oh i thought one of them was from the korean war

The thread is well structured and makes good points but the reality is, people aren't gonna read an entire book just to pick up quirks to add to their CP's. Additionally, playing every CP as a tyrant would make the whole concept bland, removing the actual variety amongst characters. The dialogue in half life 2 suggests that the reason people enlist is not monochrome, nor is their behavior. They either do what is required or go above and beyond to excel at being pieces of shit for their own personal pleasure or to rise up the ranks.

I do agree that there appear to be a lot of rather mellow cops at present, but from my experience someone hounding you 24/7 and shoving the fact 'I AM BEING TYRANNICAL AND ABUSING YOU BECAUSE WE ARE IN AN ALIEN DYSTOPIA' gets old really fucking quick and the fun to be had becomes one-sided for the one inflicting the IC tyranny, rather than one being subjected to it.

Point is, everything is good in moderation.

Back