Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Short Stories Event - City 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cengiz

Admin
Staff Member
Admin
Creative Team

Short Stories Event

CLEANSE CITY - 36

Prologue & Enviorment - City 36

1673192966315.png
City Thirty-Six, located in Berlin, Germany, was one of the first cities under major industrialization. Because of this, the populace now refers to the City simply as “The City of Industry.” This city has no loyalists to speak of and has found itself in quite an unstable state for the last few months due to the Union's strict rule, forcing the citizens to work every day. This has brought many protesting citizens with it, threatening the city with constant acts of violence and citizens using all kinds of tools and equipment as weapons against the local protection teams. Several attempts from the Combine to cull the population and force them back in line have all failed and have made the situation worst, birthing the rise of a medium-sized terrorist group in the City. While the group has not formally announced its name, it has caused massive damage to Combine infrastructure which has since forced Striders into the city to keep the group in check and stop any more damage from being done. At least half of the city has become a ruin that is now the constant battleground in which the terrorist group Combines fights. It has only become evident that the terrorist group that was once making a big push is now losing its ground against the NOMAD legions forcing them back. On the other half of the City, such actions do not show. Instead, citizens seemingly accept their working lives, knowing that too many have died for them even to bother resisting. They have accepted the reality of the cold rule of the Combine as they work themselves to death in the factories each day. During these dark times, a large infestation has occurred within the battle zone, threatening all sides. When the gunshots are silent, only the groans and moans of the Necrotic can be heard, smashing down pockets of the terrorist group and attempting to find their way into the other half of the City.

1673193321954.png

1673190364588.png

Operation Flush is an Operation planned by the City Administration of City 36 and City Administrator Chester Kelvin himself. This Operation will hopefully wipe out the remaining forces of the Terrorist Group still holding in the Contested Region of City 36. With the help of City 24 Forces. Overwatch Transhuman Soldiers & Civil Protection will arrive in City 36 via a Razor Train. They will be debriefed upon arrival by Dispatch.

1673190334091.png

When will the event be held?

28.01.2023-29.01.2023

7 PM GMT

The date might change again
Overwatch Standard Forces

Specalist | Paolo Menta @The_Grass_Man

Private | Douglas Arnold @Omega
Private | Nicole Jackson @ThomasK110
Private | Felix Poelking @felixpiuskiller

Private | Dris Mayweather @Fallizs
Private | Haruki Sato @Donavin Jones
Recruit | Robert "Bobby" Dorsey @Landon

8 Players Max
Overwatch Transhuman Arm

EOW @MikeyMoe | S10/EOW.SWORD-03

EOW @Mullet | S10/EOW.VANGUARD-01

Squad 1 - ORD @Dej S10/ORD.MONARCH-42

@GopnikPizzafox | S10/OSL.RAVEN-62

@Jacob S10/OWS.VAMP-87
@NitroSky S10/OWS.SKULL-32
@reece S10/OWS.SAVAGE-37
@TheGamingPlumber S10/OWS.BLADE-65

@HalfLife2CitizenMale09 | OWS.TRACKER-41

@rey.jazzy | S10/OWS.MIDNIGHT-24
@Leon | S10/OWS.SCAR-47
@Astro | S10/OWS.DAGGER-14
@Anilife | S10/OWS.HUNTER-71

12 Players Max

23 Players Max

APPLICATION FORMAT

OTA & CP Whitelist Required

The * symbol represents a required filling below.
Please DO NOT put your answers in bold, as to make the entry easier to read.

You are allowed to bring your character from City 24 for this Event. The Rewards for this mission will be High, but there is also a risk of being Pked

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Character Rank :
*Brief summary of the character:
*Why do you want to play this character?:

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
By putting my account name below, I hereby agree to the following stipulations:

Should my character be removed at any point, and the GM state so it can't be appealed?
The event cannot be used as an excuse to exercise personal vendettas OOCly against others.
Breaking the rules or disrupting the event will result in being ejected from the series.
All rules regarding fear RP should be respected.
You will be at the heart of events that will have an impact on the lore - a serious attitude must be adopted at all times. This is not tongue-in-cheek like some of the Fates events. This is a deliberately serious series in terms of tone and content.
The GM reserves the right to eject you if he feels the rules have been breached.
The GM reserves the right to control the event.

I hereby agree to the following terms,

-[FORUM NAME]-

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mr. Calcium
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85981754
  • *Discord Name & ID: Justanotherguardthatexists #9241
  • *Timezone: EST
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] Yes
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] Yes
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.TRACKER-41
Character Rank : OWS
*Brief summary of the character: A relatively recent addition to the Combine's legions of enhanced Humans, Tracker-41 is one faceless soldier among many others. Possessing no memories of his past nor any motivation beyond serving his alien overlords, 41 will perform his duties to the best of his abilities. After all, what else can he do? It's not like he has a choice.
*Why do you want to play this character?: This is my first OTA character, and this will be my first time playing as an OTA. I think the more controlled environment of an event may be a better introduction than the main server, as it will provide some experience in the combat aspect of the role. Additionally, I think that the more soldiers we have to take part in the event the better it will be.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Should my character be removed at any point, and the GM state so it can't be appealed?
The event cannot be used as an excuse to exercise personal vendettas OOCly against others.
Breaking the rules or disrupting the event will result in being ejected from the series.
You will be at the heart of events that will have an impact on the lore - a serious attitude must be adopted at all times. This is not tongue-in-cheek like some of the Fates events. This is a deliberately serious series in terms of tone and content.
The GM reserves the right to eject you if he feels the rules have been breached.

-[FORUM NAME]-
HalfLife2CitizenMale09

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Astro | https://steamcommunity.com/id/Astroicus/
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86837969
  • *Discord Name & ID: Astro#2165
  • *Timezone: GMT-5 (CST)
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ]
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C24:i1.HELIX-70, Tobias Karahalios
Character Rank : Intention 1
*Brief summary of the character: A cop with a long track history of being fucked up, hailing from Greece, and now enforcing the law in City 24, District 9.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Every character I've played in an SS event has been created for that event, and I feel as if this is a good way to develop my character. On top of that, I've never played a CP during a major event so I'm hoping that'll be interesting.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
Astro

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name:Freudeka
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59565902
  • *Discord Name & ID:Freudeka#8428
  • *Timezone:GMT + 0
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Muhammad Khan / XRAY-06
Character Rank :Intention-5
*Brief summary of the character: Muhammad is a former PCSO now fully enrolled in Civil Protection after a probationary Auxiliary period, he is one of the first to volunteer upon announcement of the expedition in the hopes his enthusiasm pays off.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Because the server's been closed for ages, I'm eager to play with the characters ive left untouched since break began.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]- Freudeka

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: TonyTheTiger
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:49210697
  • *Discord Name & ID: TonyTheTiger#0317
  • *Timezone: GMT-5/EST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S/10.OWS.BLADE-65
*Brief summary of the character: BLADE-65 a newly activated unit of the Transhuman arm, transferred from one of the many stasis facilities. It received deployment orders to assist in retaking City 36, better known as "The City of Industry". BLADE-65 knowing it is a gear in one large machine, is ready to do its part for the Universal Union
*Why do you want to play this character?: This would be the first time for me to play OTA on this server. This event would give me an opportunity to practice and hone my skills as a newly inducted Overwatch Soldier and to Contribute to the server's Roleplay and Lore for this event.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
TheGamingPlumber

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: reece
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:158746618
  • *Discord Name & ID: reece#6442
  • *Timezone: GMT
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SAVAGE-37
*Brief summary of the character: Just another standard delegate to the combine, as loyal as they are efficient with their work.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I'm hoping it can make for a interesting dynamic when partnering up with civil protection units.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
reece

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Nitroskye
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10942409
  • *Discord Name & ID: NitroSkye#1085
  • *Timezone: GMT -8
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SKULL-32
Another willing addition to the vast Transhuman forces of the Universal Union. SKULL-32 was once a Civil Protection functionary, initially desiring his position for the promise of better food, better living, and a modicum of power among the powerless, all for a low price; his humanity. After witnessing his tactical prowess and complete obedience, he was marked for Tranhumanization and soon taken to a remote location where he was biologically augmented/modified, memory scrubbed, and psychologically conditioned. He was then given his new tagline: SKULL-32 and trained day and night, preparing for when he would carry out his main purpose; eradicate all who oppose the Combine.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Similar to some of the other newly whitelisted OTA faction members, I have not yet had a chance to play as an OWS, my application was accepted after the server went on break. I feel like starting off with an event with combat being the main focus would be great to start, as I'd be in the thick of it and could hone my OTA experience from this event to the main server, once it comes back. Maybe since I haven't made an OWS yet in the main server, if my OWS survives the event, he would icly be transferred to S10/C24.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
NitroSkye

Last edited:

Short Stories Event

CLEANSE CITY - 36

Prologue & Enviorment - City 36

View attachment 18152
City Thirty-Six, located in Berlin, Germany, was one of the first cities under major industrialization. Because of this, the populace now refers to the City simply as “The City of Industry.” This city has no loyalists to speak of and has found itself in quite an unstable state for the last few months due to the Union's strict rule, forcing the citizens to work every day. This has brought many protesting citizens with it, threatening the city with constant acts of violence and citizens using all kinds of tools and equipment as weapons against the local protection teams. Several attempts from the Combine to cull the population and force them back in line have all failed and have made the situation worst, birthing the rise of a medium-sized terrorist group in the City. While the group has not formally announced its name, it has caused massive damage to Combine infrastructure which has since forced Striders into the city to keep the group in check and stop any more damage from being done. At least half of the city has become a ruin that is now the constant battleground in which the terrorist group Combines fights. It has only become evident that the terrorist group that was once making a big push is now losing its ground against the NOMAD legions forcing them back. On the other half of the City, such actions do not show. Instead, citizens seemingly accept their working lives, knowing that too many have died for them even to bother resisting. They have accepted the reality of the cold rule of the Combine as they work themselves to death in the factories each day. During these dark times, a large infestation has occurred within the battle zone, threatening all sides. When the gunshots are silent, only the groans and moans of the Necrotic can be heard, smashing down pockets of the terrorist group and attempting to find their way into the other half of the City.

Operation Flush is an Operation planned by the City Administration of City 36 and City Administrator Chester Kelvin himself. This Operation will hopefully wipe out the remaining forces of the Terrorist Group still holding in the Contested Region of City 36. With the help of City 24 Forces. Overwatch Transhuman Soldiers & Civil Protection will arrive in City 36 via a Razor Train. They will be debriefed upon arrival by Dispatch.

View attachment 18150

When will the event be held?

20.01.2023-21.01.2023

The date might change again
Civil Protection

Squad 1 - Rank Leader

Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP

Squad 2 - Rank Leader

Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP
Squad 1 - CP

15 Players Max
Overwatch Transhuman Arm

1 EOW [ 0 / 1 ]

Squad 1 - ORD [ 0 / 1 ]

Squad 1 - OSL [ 0 / 1 ]

Squad 1 - OWS
Squad 1 - OWS
Squad 1 - OWS
Squad 1 - OWS
Squad 1 - OWS

Squad 2 - ORD [ 0 / 1 ]

Squad 2 - OSL [ 0 / 1 ]

Squad 2 - OWS
Squad 2 - OWS
Squad 2 - OWS
Squad 2 - OWS
Squad 2 - OWS

15 Players Max

30 Players Max

APPLICATION FORMAT

OTA & CP Whitelist Required

The * symbol represents a required filling below.
Please DO NOT put your answers in bold, as to make the entry easier to read.

You are allowed to bring your character from City 24 for this Event. The Rewards for this mission will be High, but there is also a risk of being Pked

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Character Rank :

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-

Will there be rebel characters that are able to be applied for? Maybe a rebel ambush team or something?

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Jacob
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143759420
  • *Discord Name & ID: Gravel Eater#007
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.VAMP-87
Character Rank: OWS
*Brief summary of the character: Standard delegate to the combine, newly activated to be deployed into the sector. Brainwashed and transhumanist to serve the Combine
*Why do you want to play this character?: I think it will be cool to see how the event will play out.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Jacob

Last edited:
rgKtCBT.png
Character Name:
XRAY-40

Character Rank:
Intention Two

Brief summary of the character:

XRAY-40
Department of Information

1670786843602-png.17073

1669161144677.png
-----al·tru·is·tic ----- com·pat·i·ble ------ re·al·ist ------cred·u·lous-----sym·pa·thet·ic --in·suf·fi·cient

Why do you want to play this character?:
I want to play this character because I play him on the main server and I believe playing him, during an event like this, outside of the setting I always play him in will be pretty interesting.
rgKtCBT.png
  • Steam Name: Ani
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:468510009
  • Discord Name & ID: Anilife#3938
  • Timezone: EST

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Ani

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: The_Grass_Man
  • *Discord Name & ID: The_Grass_Man#6549
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ NO ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: OTA:OWS/FLASH-34
*Brief summary of the character: One of the many unfortunate souls that have met the terrible fate of transhumanization, this unit is no different than any other OTA from the Sky legion of City 35.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I want to play OTA because it's fun and I love Cengiz's events

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
The_Grass_Man

• 1673206404161.png
  • Born into an oppressive regime, only to be assimilated into another one,​
  • a soldier once a soldier always,​
  • noticed for his skills and proficiency, leading him down a path of ascensionism,​
  • at what cost do immense speed, strength, and intelligence come at it,​
  • is it worth your humanity?​
  • 1673206425084.png
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mikey
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:112147538
  • *Discord Name & ID: MikeyMoe#4010
  • *Timezone: PST | GMT-8
*I am in the Short Stories Discord Server: [ YES ]
  • *Is this character from the Main Server: [ YES ]

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Elite Overwatch Solider SWORD-03

Character Rank: Elite Overwatch Soldier

*Brief summary of the character: An Elite Overwatch soldier, augmented and their brain scrubbed. Any traces of humanity dwindling or far gone. Ready to serve and execute the union's will at any moment. He is their SWORD.

*Why do you want to play this character?: My EOW hasn't seen much combat yet, looking for any excuse to use the character.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
By putting my account name below I hereby agree to the following stipulations:

Should my character be removed at any point and the GM state so, it can't be appealed

-Mikey-

Last edited:
  • Born into an oppressive regime, only to be assimilated into another one​
  • noticed for his skills and proficiency lead him down a path of ascensionism,​
--- Section One ---

--- Section Two ---

*Brief summary of the character: An Elite Overwatch soldier, augmented and their brain scrubbed. Any traces of humanity dwindling or far gone. Ready to serve and execute the union's will at any moment. He is their SWORD.

*Why do you want to play this character?: My EOW hasn't seen much combat yet, looking for any excuse to use the character.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Should my character be removed at any point and the GM state so, it can't be appealed

-Mikey-
My app better :smug:

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Belgg
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:640035445
  • *Discord Name & ID: Belgg#3089 | 837750974411309100
  • *Timezone: GMT+1
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SKULL-93
*Brief summary of the character: Another unit of the endless combine army that will blindly follow what his superiors tell him to do without question and live or die for the union.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I've never actually played as an OTA, but I really love the faction, and I'm willing to do my best and RP something I've never done in the most accurate manner. I'll take it very seriously.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
Belgg

Extra:

I don't have OTA whitelist but I'd love to get a chance to participate in the event either way, as I said, I'll act just as anyone else with the whitelist and you'll not even notice I don't have it. (If you do, I'm perfectly fine with being removed on the spot, but you won't)

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Gopnik Pizzafox
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54081766
  • *Discord Name & ID: AlextheFox212 🌹🌈#9626
  • *Timezone: CET
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] YES
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] YES
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C24:i4.HELIX-16 (aka Demir Ketsmanovich)
Character Rank :
Intention 4
A Bosniak Muslim, member of the HELIX squad/TCU of City 24's Civil Protection, operating in District 9. He volunteered to fight in City 36 upon hearing the chaos from it, in the hopes that doing so would give him a promotion and greater benefits for his family so that he may live easier in his usual location in District 9.
The server's been on hiatus for a while since the holidays, and I want to play my main server characters again, and this event provides me with a good opportunity to do so while the main server's on hiatus.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[GopnikPizzafox]-

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Dej
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68827315
  • *Discord Name & ID: ShockyC#0978
  • *Timezone: SGT
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: MONARCH-42
Character Rank : ORDINAL
*Brief summary of the character: A Transhuman Ordinal of Legion VALKYRIE, detached to assist in the cleansing efforts of City 36.
*Why do you want to play this character?: OTA Gaming, I have been very bored.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

- @Dej -

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mr. Calcium
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85981754
  • *Discord Name & ID: Justanotherguardthatexists #9241
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] Yes
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] Yes
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.TRACKER-41
*Brief summary of the character: A relatively recent addition to the Combine's legions of enhanced Humans, Tracker-41 is one faceless soldier among many others. Possessing no memories of his past nor any motivation beyond serving his alien overlords, 41 will perform his duties to the best of his abilities. After all, what else can he do? It's not like he has a choice.
*Why do you want to play this character?: This is my first OTA character, and this will be my first time playing as an OTA. I think the more controlled environment of an event may be a better introduction than the main server, as it will provide some experience in the combat aspect of the role. Additionally, I think that the more soldiers we have to take part in the event the better it will be.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
HalfLife2CitizenMale09

ACCEPTED | OWS ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Astro | https://steamcommunity.com/id/Astroicus/
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86837969
  • *Discord Name & ID: Astro#2165
  • *Timezone: GMT-5 (CST)
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C24:i1.HELIX-70, Tobias Karahalios
Character Rank : Intention 1
*Brief summary of the character: A cop with a long track history of being fucked up, hailing from Greece, and now enforcing the law in City 24, District 9.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Every character I've played in an SS event has been created for that event, and I feel as if this is a good way to develop my character. On top of that, I've never played a CP during a major event so I'm hoping that'll be interesting.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
Astro

ACCEPTED | C24:i1.HELIX-70 ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:Freudeka
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59565902
  • *Discord Name & ID:Freudeka#8428
  • *Timezone:GMT + 0
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Muhammad Khan / XRAY-06
Character Rank :Intention-5
*Brief summary of the character: Muhammad is a former PCSO now fully enrolled in Civil Protection after a probationary Auxiliary period, he is one of the first to volunteer upon announcement of the expedition in the hopes his enthusiasm pays off.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Because the server's been closed for ages, I'm eager to play with the characters ive left untouched since break began.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]- Freudeka

ACCEPTED | C24:i5.XRAY-06 ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: TonyTheTiger
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:49210697
  • *Discord Name & ID: TonyTheTiger#0317
  • *Timezone: GMT-5/EST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S/10.OWS.BLADE-65
*Brief summary of the character: BLADE-65 a newly activated unit of the Transhuman arm, transferred from one of the many stasis facilities. It received deployment orders to assist in retaking City 36, better known as "The City of Industry". BLADE-65 knowing it is a gear in one large machine, is ready to do its part for the Universal Union
*Why do you want to play this character?: This would be the first time for me to play OTA on this server. This event would give me an opportunity to practice and hone my skills as a newly inducted Overwatch Soldier and to Contribute to the server's Roleplay and Lore for this event.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
TheGamingPlumber

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: reece
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:158746618
  • *Discord Name & ID: reece#6442
  • *Timezone: GMT
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SAVAGE-37
*Brief summary of the character: Just another standard delegate to the combine, as loyal as they are efficient with their work.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I'm hoping it can make for a interesting dynamic when partnering up with civil protection units.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
reece
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Nitroskye
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10942409
  • *Discord Name & ID: NitroSkye#1085
  • *Timezone: GMT -8
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SKULL-32
Another willing addition to the vast Transhuman forces of the Universal Union. SKULL-32 was once a Civil Protection functionary, initially desiring his position for the promise of better food, better living, and a modicum of power among the powerless, all for a low price; his humanity. After witnessing his tactical prowess and complete obedience, he was marked for Tranhumanization and soon taken to a remote location where he was biologically augmented/modified, memory scrubbed, and psychologically conditioned. He was then given his new tagline: SKULL-32 and trained day and night, preparing for when he would carry out his main purpose; eradicate all who oppose the Combine.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Similar to some of the other newly whitelisted OTA faction members, I have not yet had a chance to play as an OWS, my application was accepted after the server went on break. I feel like starting off with an event with combat being the main focus would be great to start, as I'd be in the thick of it and could hone my OTA experience from this event to the main server, once it comes back. Maybe since I haven't made an OWS yet in the main server, if my OWS survives the event, he would icly be transferred to S10/C24.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
NitroSkye
Will there be rebel characters that are able to be applied for? Maybe a rebel ambush team or something?

No, thank you! ( GMs will handle that part )
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Jacob
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143759420
  • *Discord Name & ID: Gravel Eater#007
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.VAMP-87
*Brief summary of the character: Standard delegate to the combine, newly activated to be deployed into the sector. Brainwashed and transhumanist to serve the Combine
*Why do you want to play this character?: I think it will be cool to see how the event will play out.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Jacob

rgKtCBT.png
Character Name:
XRAY-40

Character Rank:
Intention Two

Brief summary of the character:

XRAY-40
Department of Information

1670786843602-png.17073

1669161144677.png
-----al·tru·is·tic ----- com·pat·i·ble ------ re·al·ist ------cred·u·lous-----sym·pa·thet·ic --in·suf·fi·cient

Why do you want to play this character?:
I want to play this character because I play him on the main server and I believe playing him, during an event like this, outside of the setting I always play him in will be pretty interesting.
rgKtCBT.png
  • Steam Name: Ani
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:468510009
  • Discord Name & ID: Anilife#3938
  • Timezone: EST

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Ani

ACCEPTED | C24:i2.XRAY-40 ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: The_Grass_Man
  • *Discord Name & ID: The_Grass_Man#6549
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: OTA:OWS/FLASH-34
*Brief summary of the character: One of the many unfortunate souls that have met the terrible fate of transhumanization, this unit is no different than any other OTA from the Sky legion of City 35.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I want to play OTA because it's fun and I love Cengiz's events

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
The_Grass_Man
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Belgg
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:640035445
  • *Discord Name & ID: Belgg#3089 | 837750974411309100
  • *Timezone: GMT+1
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SKULL-93
*Brief summary of the character: Another unit of the endless combine army that will blindly follow what his superiors tell him to do without question and live or die for the union.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I've never actually played as an OTA, but I really love the faction, and I'm willing to do my best and RP something I've never done in the most accurate manner. I'll take it very seriously.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
Belgg

Extra:

I don't have OTA whitelist but I'd love to get a chance to participate in the event either way, as I said, I'll act just as anyone else with the whitelist and you'll not even notice I don't have it. (If you do, I'm perfectly fine with being removed on the spot, but you won't)
DENIED
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Gopnik Pizzafox
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54081766
  • *Discord Name & ID: AlextheFox212 🌹🌈#9626
  • *Timezone: CET
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] YES
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] YES
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C24:i4.HELIX-16 (aka Demir Ketsmanovich)
Character Rank : Intention 4
*Brief summary of the character: A Bosniak Muslim, member of the HELIX squad/TCU of City 24's Civil Protection, operating in District 9. He volunteered to fight in City 36 upon hearing the chaos from it, in the hopes that doing so would give him a promotion and greater benefits for his family so that he may live easier in his usual location in District 9.
*Why do you want to play this character?: The server's been on hiatus for a while since the holidays, and I want to play my main server characters again, and this event provides me with a good opportunity to do so while the main server's on hiatus.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[GopnikPizzafox]-
ACCEPTED | C24:i4.HELIX-16 ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Dej
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68827315
  • *Discord Name & ID: ShockyC#0978
  • *Timezone: SGT
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: MONARCH-42
Character Rank : ORDINAL
*Brief summary of the character: A Transhuman Ordinal of Legion VALKYRIE, detached to assist in the cleansing efforts of City 36.
*Why do you want to play this character?: OTA Gaming, I have been very bored.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

- @Dej -
ACCEPTED | ORD ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT

• Born into an oppressive regime, only to be assimilated into another one​
  • noticed for his skills and proficiency lead him down a path of ascensionism,​
--- Section One ---

--- Section Two ---

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-Mikey-

ACCEPTED | EOW ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT

Last edited:
1673216719546.png

1673216632687.png

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mullet
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:543125129
  • *Discord Name & ID: Mullet#8928

• *Timezone: GMT+0
  • *Is this character from the Main Server: [ NO ]

*I hold the OTA Whitelist: [ YES ]

1673216936948.png

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/EOW.VANGUARD-01
Character Rank: [EOW] Elite Overwatch Soldier

*Brief summary of the character: An echo of humanity remains within the elite soldier, who has undergone such a horrid transformation so as to become the embodiment of the pure power of the Universal Union; their singular lens stares into your skull, drilling through your forehead. They.... it, holds it's gaze. Can you do the same?

*Why do you want to play this character?: I love OTAH. Just want a chance to play my EOW again.

- TERMS AND CONDITIONS -

Should my character be removed at any point and the GM state so, it can't be appealed.

Signed,
Mullet

(Artistic Credit:
- Hunter Chopper:

- Citadel, Advisor w/ 2 EOWs: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/gordons-demise-jeffrey-read-blyth--360428776403776342/
- EOW wallpaper: https://artic11.artstation.com/projects/4zN91)

Last edited:
View attachment 18173

View attachment 18172

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mullet
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:543125129
  • *Discord Name & ID: Mullet#8928

• *Timezone: GMT+0

View attachment 18174

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/EOW.VANGUARD-01
Character Rank: [EOW] Elite Overwatch Soldier

*Brief summary of the character: An echo of humanity remains within the elite soldier, who has undergone such a horrid transformation so as to become the embodiment of the pure power of the Universal Union; their singular lens stares into your skull, drilling through your forehead. They.... it, holds it's gaze. Can you do the same?

*Why do you want to play this character?: I love OTAH. Just want a chance to play my EOW again.

- TERMS AND CONDITIONS -

Should my character be removed at any point and the GM state so, it can't be appealed.

Signed,
Mullet

(Artistic Credit:
- Hunter Chopper:
- Citadel, Advisor w/ 2 EOWs: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/gordons-demise-jeffrey-read-blyth--360428776403776342/
- EOW wallpaper: https://artic11.artstation.com/projects/4zN91)

ACCEPTED | EOW ATTENTION GROUND UNIT PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT

Steam: dog (im doggy)
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:47854840
Discord: rey.jazzy#2356
Timezone: GMT-8 | California, US

Bans/Punishments: N/A
Prev/Current BL: N/A
Prev/Current WL:
- CP (Civil Protection)
- OTA (Overwatch Transhuman Arm)

Are you in the short stories Discord?
Yes.

Is this character from the main server?
No.

Character Name:
S10/OWS.MIDNIGHT-24

Character Rank:
OWS

Summary: Just another faceless, inhuman and bastardized soldier of the Combine's brainwashed military. He possesses just as many memories of his past life as any other member of similar position, that being absolutely none--he's been stripped of his humanity and majority of whichever traits or attributes deemed useless in the battlefield, following the orders of his superiors alone and without question. This is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what horrors one may be subjected to if they dare to oppose the indomitable force that is the Universal Union, and subsequently the Combine at large.

Reason: I've just recently been accepted and placed on trial for the OTA faction, and seeing as the main server isn't going to be opened for at least another week or so, this could be my first opportunity to get accustomed to the role. As such, I haven't been able to actually create the character yet--but I'm hoping things play out in my favor. I've also never participated in an event before, unless you count the Beijing one which I believe went by the name 'Under Red Skies.'

Terms and Conditions:

By placing my forum account's name below, I hereby agree to the following...

Should my character be removed from the event, the associated GM reserves the right to not appeal this punishment. This event may not be used as an excuse to harass or act on personal OOC issues with other players. Breaking the rules or disrupting the event in any way, shape or form will result in your removal from the event, and all rules in regards to Fear RP must be respected. You will be playing a role in an important event which has a major effect on the WN storyline's continuity and a serious disposition must be maintained at all times. As such, this is a purposeful and serious series in terms of tone and content within. Finally, the GM reserves the right to administer punishments and manage the event as they desire.

Forum Name:
@rey.jazzy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back