D
Deleted member 2717
Guest
- Thread Author
- #1
Been getting back into SFM lately, messing around a lot more with models and stuff, here's some items that I made earlier to get back into the swing of things.
Boom. Headshot.
Wanted to mess around with the model effects that I had, mostly. As such, everything else is a cheap excuse to throw them in. Since they're models, and not particles, they're much easier to work with. (Also I just noticed the muzzle flash clips through the gun's muzzle gOD FUCKING DAMNI-)

Simple posing and lighting practice/refresher.
First thing I made when starting back up with SFM. Simple model, simple pose, simple lighting. For the keener-eyed of you, you might notice I took pose inspiration from TheParryGod's "Anti-Citizens" Thumbnail. Though, I did put my own perspective on it.

The rebels have been sent on a stealth mission. Let's see how it pans out for them.
Again, more practice with posing from reference, this time with a more cartoony/exaggerated pose. It was actually a challenge to express it properly whilst keeping the character's feelings of weight, but I feel I did a good enough job in the end. Still, posing can always be improved.

"Overwatch, Sterilization Team confirms no visual on Infested assets, advise."
Thanks to some help from @Travis , I've managed to get my scenebuilding going. If you've not seen his work elsewhere in the forums I heavily suggest you go check it out, and you'll see the inspiration. Thank u travis for helping me get these assets ported into SFM (it is agony) (Also big ty for going through the mental torture of the Hammer editor to get this fucking behemoth of a map to run on SFM at all. Actual wizard)

After-Workshift Catchup.
Just two pals shooting the shit after a long day of filling ration boxes! This one was a good chance for me to practice my framing, as well as a little bit of expression and held propwork. I also really wanted to pose two characters on different levels, which is why the femchar is sitting and the manchar is standing. (And yes, the manchar's feet do actually touch the ground out-of-frame. I am just that skilled.)

"Kinsman... allow us to divest this one of their wounds."
Last one for now I promise. I realise I hadn't really worked with nonhumans yet! (No, the combine do not count, they're transhuman.) And on top of that, I had a neat idea to replicate the Vortigaunt's little healing lights. As it turns out, volumetric lights pointed directly at a camera produce a neat little glowy ball. If this one's posing seems odd, or a little rushed, it is because I was also testing out the premade stances and editing them to fit my needs, since the rig on the Vortigaunt model I'm using is rather... unique. Anyway, lots of love to my vortibros xoxo

Boom. Headshot.
Wanted to mess around with the model effects that I had, mostly. As such, everything else is a cheap excuse to throw them in. Since they're models, and not particles, they're much easier to work with. (Also I just noticed the muzzle flash clips through the gun's muzzle gOD FUCKING DAMNI-)

Simple posing and lighting practice/refresher.
First thing I made when starting back up with SFM. Simple model, simple pose, simple lighting. For the keener-eyed of you, you might notice I took pose inspiration from TheParryGod's "Anti-Citizens" Thumbnail. Though, I did put my own perspective on it.

The rebels have been sent on a stealth mission. Let's see how it pans out for them.
Again, more practice with posing from reference, this time with a more cartoony/exaggerated pose. It was actually a challenge to express it properly whilst keeping the character's feelings of weight, but I feel I did a good enough job in the end. Still, posing can always be improved.

"Overwatch, Sterilization Team confirms no visual on Infested assets, advise."
Thanks to some help from @Travis , I've managed to get my scenebuilding going. If you've not seen his work elsewhere in the forums I heavily suggest you go check it out, and you'll see the inspiration. Thank u travis for helping me get these assets ported into SFM (it is agony) (Also big ty for going through the mental torture of the Hammer editor to get this fucking behemoth of a map to run on SFM at all. Actual wizard)

After-Workshift Catchup.
Just two pals shooting the shit after a long day of filling ration boxes! This one was a good chance for me to practice my framing, as well as a little bit of expression and held propwork. I also really wanted to pose two characters on different levels, which is why the femchar is sitting and the manchar is standing. (And yes, the manchar's feet do actually touch the ground out-of-frame. I am just that skilled.)

"Kinsman... allow us to divest this one of their wounds."
Last one for now I promise. I realise I hadn't really worked with nonhumans yet! (No, the combine do not count, they're transhuman.) And on top of that, I had a neat idea to replicate the Vortigaunt's little healing lights. As it turns out, volumetric lights pointed directly at a camera produce a neat little glowy ball. If this one's posing seems odd, or a little rushed, it is because I was also testing out the premade stances and editing them to fit my needs, since the rig on the Vortigaunt model I'm using is rather... unique. Anyway, lots of love to my vortibros xoxo

Last edited by a moderator:


