Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Takyon Ban Appeal

Takyon3

Active member
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
152
Steam Name: Takyon
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:150637888

Name of the Admin you were banned by: @Hiros
How long is the ban for?:
31 Days
The reason you were banned?: "You were banned from Willard Networks for 31 days | You're not meant to be back yet. Bot glitched out due to the mistypes in one of your ban timers. Fixed now. 5 warning limit exceeded, insulting staff, not really here to follow the rules."
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: I've invested a lot of time and work into the BoE, as well as my IC group. To see all that go down the drain for what is essentially a stupid gif is very disappointing. While I may come off as negative at times, my intentions are ultimately to see the server prosper. Casual banter is an Irish thing, and throwing the odd slur around for a laugh is part of our culture. Obviously the rules have changed since Willard initially launched, where the freedom policy was in place, but alas I have come to understand the hard way that slight transgressions can make the staff anxious because of discord's strenuous ToS. Which is completely understandable. I have no problems with discussing this with people over voice chat. All I ask is to see the effort I've put into this place, and to give me a second chance.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
roman logo 11.png
Teleprogramming Department.pngart department logo 2.pngPress Department.png

coupons 2.pngRecreation 2.pnghard work yields rewards.pngsafety first final.jpgsmoke them out final.png


Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)

@hawke
@Imperator RAD-X
 
Last edited:
I've invested a lot of time and work into the BoE, as well as my IC group. To see all that go down the drain for what is essentially a stupid gif is very disappointing. While I may come off as negative at times, my intentions are ultimately to see the server prosper. Casual banter is an Irish thing, and throwing the odd slur around for a laugh is part of our culture. Obviously the rules have changed since Willard initially launched, where the freedom policy was in place
Man how does this justify you calling me being Gay Ass N word in DMs, Calling me being pathetic, trying to claim that warns were "Illegitimate" meanwhile not even hour before I banned you you DMd @Imperator RAD-X asking to be unbanned.

You posted picture w Nazi symbolism, then gif saying N word.

I'm strongly against this
 
Man how does this justify you calling me being Gay Ass N word in DMs, Calling me being pathetic, trying to claim that warns were "Illegitimate" meanwhile not even hour before I banned you you DMd @Imperator RAD-X asking to be unbanned.

You posted picture w Nazi symbolism, then gif saying N word.

I'm strongly against this
Here's the gif he's referring to by the way. It was posted in memetopia, and I only sent it to him as part of our discussion about the 1 day ban. I wasn't referring to him as such when I sent him the gif, and he's just lying in this instance.


diagnosis.JPG
Here's the nazi symbolism he's talking about.
gigachad nazi.jpg
I think it's important we use as much clarity as possible in this thread.
 
I am sorry to say that regardless of how much work you put into the Community, the moment you break the rules on multiple occasions... the guidelines will stay equal for everyone. Meaning 3 warns is a day ban, 5 a week and 7 a month with 8+ being perm. That applies to every user in the discord regardless of who they are, their position or the work they put in.

This rule against nazism, racism and words against LGBT+ that Discord TOS has in place may seem silly to you, but it must be followed by all means. And it is also not just followed by this community, but many others too. I know this is not the first time you have been banned in recent times, in fact, I do believe you also received a ban on Neb for something extremely similar and a few other communities for general behaviour and all that.

The most I can offer is a SLIGHT reduction to the ban but nothing more. Many people have been banned from this community for similar timeframes and similar reasons. You are not the first and I would rather not suddenly go back on our own rules and policies and give 1 person special treatment over another.

But for now, this decision will be left in the hands of Me and the other CMs (Including HOS who you sent the GIF to after your first ban).
 
This rule against nazism, racism and words against LGBT+ that Discord TOS has in place may seem silly to you, but it must be followed by all means. And it is also not just followed by this community, but many others too. I know this is not the first time you have been banned in recent times, in fact, I do believe you also received a ban on Neb for something extremely similar and a few other communities for general behaviour and all that.
I never said the rule was silly. It's understandable why such a rule is in place to prevent the server getting banned by discord.

I was banned on nebulous for referring to someone as a transgender (and it turns out this person's profile was made to mock transgender people). In some ways, I think I shone a light on a potentially toxic member in their community. But obviously they didn't notice that, and focused their sights on me. But I don't think nebulous drama should be relevant to what I do HERE.

As for the "few other communities", which are you referring to? I haven't played on other communities.
 
I am sorry to say that regardless of how much work you put into the Community, the moment you break the rules on multiple occasions... the guidelines will stay equal for everyone. Meaning 3 warns is a day ban, 5 a week and 7 a month with 8+ being perm. That applies to every user in the discord regardless of who they are, their position or the work they put in.
I just received information that I only have four warnings. Why is my ban a month long? Also, are those four warnings legitimate? I've been warned for very, very petty stuff in the past that never broke any rules.
 
I will post one picture

View attachment 3609
That was the gif you banned me for (originally posted in memetopia in a completely unrelated conversation), and I called you pathetic for considering it ban-worthy.
ban appeal 8.JPG
He also tried persuading me from even making an appeal
 
Last edited:
That was the gif you banned me for (originally posted in memetopia in a completely unrelated conversation), and I called you pathetic for considering it ban-worthy.
View attachment 3610
He also tried persuading me from even making an appeal
I banned you for reaching warning limit. Not the gif. However as I said you made this far worse. Could've just waited that one day
 
I banned you for reaching warning limit. Not the gif. However as I said you made this far worse. Could've just waited that one day
Yeah, you raised the ban to a week and also made it a server ban. Then after that you raised it to a 31 day ban for some reason. How is this fair exactly? And after all that you tried persuading me from appealing on the forums.
 
Last edited:
The CMs have spoken amongst themselves and the conclusion is reached. In line with our moderation polices and guidelines, this appeal is DENIED.

The warning limit was reached (5 Warnings) this in itself was a week ban
Staff was insulted after ban was issued along with the posting of another offensive gif (This pushed your warning counter up)
To top it all off, you did this after requesting a unban by DM'ing Rad. (This is plain stupidity in the most basic form)

We deemed that overall you will be banned for 1 month from the Discord + a week in the server (2 days of the launch)
 
Back
Top