Under Red Skies - Day 2/3 Feedback thread!

This is unfair. Astro doesn't get a new CP because he was cornered alone and TBC'd (which tbf was his fault), but these Vortigaunts ran out into main street, attacked Civil Protection, not even Overwatch, and even ended up injuring a civilian. Why should they get special privilege's on coming back?
because combine shit and rebellion better, we're the main characters and heroes always come on top fr fr fr fr fr fr

Bro I just posted a feed back about my vort dying.
Why everyone argueing man:(

Not a fan of the direction the current plot is headed; The biochemical gas, the zombies... It's almost as If it's a complete repeat of Rising Sun, only set at an earlier date. If you wish to do the infestation bit than at least allow the city to find its bearings before doing it.

Not a fan of the direction the current plot is headed; The biochemical gas, the zombies... It's almost as If it's a complete repeat of Rising Sun, only set at an earlier date. If you wish to do the infestation bit than at least allow the city to find its bearings before doing it.
onggg, fuck them goofy ahh infestation arcs we tryna do sum yakuza shii ova here frrrrrr

neither side should have been able to make new chars if you ask me

i respect the consistency in that. i have supported the vorts being able to remake when we massacred them too so i dont feel im advocating this out of strictly selfish motives. just think that with key factions' populations purged like this and no way to replenish there will not be anything fun to have conflict over; i'd rather the more 'permanent' consequences were reflected in the environment. the state of the city as a whole, etc.

that's not saying nobody should ever die, but here in particular i dont think the cops did anything wrong; they were chilling in a bar considered a part of the city in a team on orders from superiors, not even sweeping or attacking anyone necessarily; a stark contrast to vorts going on the offensive in the main street

i respect the consistency in that. i have supported the vorts being able to remake when we massacred them too so i dont feel im advocating this out of strictly selfish motives. just think that with key factions' populations purged like this and no way to replenish there will not be anything fun to have conflict over; i'd rather the more 'permanent' consequences were reflected in the environment. the state of the city as a whole, etc.

that's not saying nobody should ever die, but here in particular i dont think the cops did anything wrong; they were chilling in a bar considered a part of the city in a team on orders from superiors, not even sweeping or attacking anyone necessarily; a stark contrast to vorts going on the offensive in the main street
This is the sad life of gang-run countries, you're chilling with your friends and then boom. Suddenly you're getting drive-byed.

This is the sad life of gang-run countries, you're chilling with your friends and then boom. Suddenly you're getting drive-byed.

a dangerous atmosphere can be conveyed without sacrificing gameplay. it can even be done without killings in fact, but i digress

it was a cool scenario and a real thug life moment i agree, but my point is that the cop faction gonna die now. if that's the way event runners want it to be then so be it, but i dont feel that everyone playing for PKs all the time or it being the go-to resolution in every conflict is conducive to a good roleplay environment. e.g - if cops were playing the "meta" way in this event and never left the main street to protect themselves, nothing interesting would happen between them and the gangs

e: its voided now so i'll drop it here. good call german coffee man

Last edited:
Why does WN always seem to have an amazing setup for letting roleplay happen then enforce absolutely stupid outcomes that kill the enthusiasm of those pushing things?

If that gang decided to randomly murder their hostages knowing they were dead anyway then why should the cops get punished for it? That's a really poor outcome, especially when new cops can't be made and the remainder won't be incentivized to keep this cool stuff going if it risks a PK and 'removal' from playing a cop in the event.

Like, Vorts get NLR'd because its "good for conflict" but the cops willing to make passive get slaughtered and tossed out of the event?

I'm not sure if it was the second or third day, but here is my feedback. In CWU, we were continuously barraged with inherently unknowable fires and hazards for 2 hours (probably exaggerating, but it felt that way) and half the player base was nowhere to be of any use. It appears that everyone had been on their hind legs to avoid becoming exhausted by the many plot-inducing events.

I also had seen several CWU uniforms being spawned and I reasonably believe they have all been handed out like candy initially, yet considering that food is seen as limited and compensation is measured in chips, I just see illogical reasoning everywhere to spawn anything of the sort, despite the effort that had little to no intention of being fully enforced, gave the impression of being exceedingly desperate.

Based solely on that above, I'm going to assume that either everyone who first joined CWU ran off or really died on the first day of an event that was meant to go until the 30th because they were feeling a little script-hungry. However, considering how unbelievably unstable the workforce was at the time, it seemed as though there were almost no expectations for any given attempt to be competently accomplished because everything was lacking and in my opinion, there was a general neglect of GMs and players to engage to make the experience enjoyable in a way.

Aside from the fires, you were given too much despite the reality that the attempts to make it all a positive experience were just not there in my opinion, and it seemed like too much had been shoved simultaneously by the staff seeing how we went through a forced hiatus of imagining items and RPing out hypothetical equipment to suit so-called needs. I really enjoyed the restaurant fire, though. When we engaged and cleared our way through the structure from the top, I honestly got burned out by the randomness and the ceiling collapsing in the Nexus, plus it was unnecessarily challenging and uncomfortable to deal with a lot of things that weren't there physically, and it felt rushed. I might be wrong, but this is how I felt. And, given that the event is only for a limited period, I believe individuals are too protective of their original investment in it.

Last edited:
Setting sun

Back