Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Was banned for metagaming and i am unclear as to why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpeh

New member
Joined
Nov 19, 2021
Messages
4
Hello,
I was banned for so called meta gaming and I have no idea why. There was no warnings prior to the ban and it stated that I was in a vc. I've been playing on the server for a few days now and I it has been the most amount of fun I've had in a while, I didn't mean to cause problem's and I have never used it and never would use it to gain an advantage on someone or to get information that I'm not meant to have, just wanted to enjoy myself as roleplay is new to me, I would really appreciate If I you could reconsider.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience yours truly Grumpeh.
 

Attachments

  • image_2021-11-19_012254.png
    image_2021-11-19_012254.png
    5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hey, could you update your ban appeal to follow the format:
1637330283114.png


Also tagging @swagile as was responsible for the ban.
 
Im going to go ahead and state my case as you update your format.

We were alerted to possible metagame as your group is newly formed and your members haven't been talking to each other IC as much as they should be, especially when robbing stores.

So we decided to watch you two specifically in noclip.

You wordlessly entered slum housing and your base area without saying a word for a good 5-10 minutes while actively following each other and in a manner that shows you were telling each other where to go. None of you said a single word in that period and continued to walk around slum housing till you got back to your base, again with no words spoken, and then I applied the ban after me and @Neonity felt you were obviously using voice chat.

I am fine with lowering the ban but only if you honestly state what exactly you were doing without lying; because we will find out eventually whether through trial and error and too many suspicious coincident's that you are all metagaming, and that will be month long bans for your friends as well if not perma bans because we do not tolerate metagaming. This is especially so when actively using voice chat in order to commit hostile actions to other players which gives a clear unfair OOC advantage.
 
Im going to go ahead and state my case as you update your format.

We were alerted to possible metagame as your group is newly formed and your members haven't been talking to each other IC as much as they should be, especially when robbing stores.

So we decided to watch you two specifically in noclip.

You wordlessly entered slum housing and your base area without saying a word for a good 5-10 minutes while actively following each other and in a manner that shows you were telling each other where to go. None of you said a single word in that period and continued to walk around slum housing till you got back to your base, again with no words spoken, and then I applied the ban after me and @Neonity felt you were obviously using voice chat.

I am fine with lowering the ban but only if you honestly state what exactly you were doing without lying; because we will find out eventually whether through trial and error and too many suspicious coincident's that you are all metagaming, and that will be month long bans for your friends as well if not perma bans because we do not tolerate metagaming. This is especially so when actively using voice chat in order to commit hostile actions to other players which gives a clear unfair OOC advantage.
Steam Name: Grumpé
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:124654520

Hello again, I will admit I was using voice chat and I apologise for doing so, i was mainly using to talk to friends but we were telling each other what to do, some of the people in the group i know outside of the server so we talk to each other quite often. Whilst walking around the slums me and odis where exploring because we were curious, then odis found that the room below us was open and told me that their room looked better then ours and i wanted to check it out i am not sure if accessed the container in there and I if I did I was not trying to rob it i was just curious if it had been left unlocked which i understand may have looked bad i apologise for my actions as i said before i am quite new to rp (only 250hrs on gmod most from sandbox) i really enjoy playing on the server and hope to rejoin the community again.

Yours truly Grumpeh
 
Can your friend also reply to this appeal?

Considering you were honest, I am thinking of unbanning you both with a warn on your record for this. You will have to actually interact with each other ICly as this isn't darkRP or Impulse; you have to actually talk to each others characters.
 
Can your friend also reply to this appeal?

Considering you were honest, I am thinking of unbanning you both with a warn on your record for this. You will have to actually interact with each other ICly as this isn't darkRP or Impulse; you have to actually talk to each others characters.
I will have him try when he is on, we will make sure that we do not use voice chat from now on and will only interact IC. Thank you for letting have another chance.
 
Can your friend also reply to this appeal?

Considering you were honest, I am thinking of unbanning you both with a warn on your record for this. You will have to actually interact with each other ICly as this isn't darkRP or Impulse; you have to actually talk to each others characters.
My friend cant access the appeal for some reason we are not if its us or if it just wont let us.
 
Unbanned and will be warned on server.

Remember to keep IC and do not use VC for IC actions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top