CHARACTER SIGNUPS: CHAPTER FOUR: 'The Dark Interval'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Henderson will be making his return for this one, for sure. Yes? yes.

Edit: Unless something will happen or I will need to go, I will let you guys know anyway.

EVENT IS BEGINNING. IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED, CHECK FORUM PMS FOR THE INVITATION.

THIS IS NOW CLOSED.

POST IS RE-OPENED AFTER THE MAIN EVENT OF YESTERDAY.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN WITH A SIGNUP, THEY'LL REMAIN OPEN ALL WEEK UNTIL THE 10TH / 11TH.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Ave Westender
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:39890983
  • *Discord Name & ID: Westender#7966
  • *Timezone: UTC+1
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: N
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character):
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character):
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Jack Delaney13032__josh_l.jpg
  • *Brief summary of the character: Jack Delaney in all of his first impressions comes across as an asshole. Acting egocentric, outspoken and indifferent to other people’s feelings and needs. He’s needlessly antagonistic which can lead him into more trouble than he can care to manage and endlessly finding the bad side to anything. A true cynical hothead who can smile in the worst of times.

With natural talent of making situations worse, his general distrust of people and the like, you have to wonder if any of it makes him ashamed sometimes. To not be able to trust others is hard for a man like him who thrives on personal connections, who would die for somebody over nothing. To most, he’s probably an easily irritated, aggressive jackass. To some, he just might be a good man

A southern american aggressive asshole with a penchant for doing the right thing.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: He is one of my first characters I ever made in HL2RP and is usually the character I join servers with.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): (honestly ive written out jack's backstory so many times man)
Jack Delaney, born in Georgia, was brought up on the standards of all men. You work had, you get what you wished for, you build your life, you start a family.

Not Jack.
Jack didn't follow his brother's standard lives, instead he prided himself on wanting more for himself. Just himself. At age 18, he broke out of the hold the household had on him, he stole a few things from his well off family to pay for travel, eventually pulling scams and cons on unsuspecting folk to keep his cashflow constant - it was working like a dream. From the USA, to England, to Poland - now Russia. Jack was always improvising as he went on. He lived in his own world and when his world was essentially shattered by the Combine during the Seven Hour War, he was trapped in the shithole called Russia - Jack ran and ran, he cheated people, he left people - all for himself. His family was after thought.

--- Section Four (Optional) ---
  • Tell us about yourself: My name online is Westender, or West. I'm British and I've been roleplaying for pretty much 10 years all around. I started on Gmod and I've joined an insane amount of communities in the past, but I didn't say long or if I did, I wanted to fix things on the server I thought were wrong. I'm slightly picky if I'm honest, but I love creating expansive and evolving stories that matter not only to me but to the roleplayers who are involved. I've been lead of many factions in the past, I've got plenty of experience as a staff member too.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yes!
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes!
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: The ingenious world building.
( want to know more? Jack's Description )

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Daniels
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39991588
  • *Discord Name & ID: Daniels#0293
  • *Timezone: GMT+2, I will still be able to play American times.
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Muhammed Osman
  • *Brief summary of the character:
    A small time pre-war rebel, partner in crime with his friend Ahmad Abu-Kabir, now under the totalitarian control of the combine he faces the darkness with open arms, somewhat irrationally he still holds onto his faith at those times, he believes that is what binds him to the earth.
  • His intentions are clear, he wants to survive and keep his head down while keeping his partner safe and sound.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I believe characters that hold onto their faith are somewhat rare in the HL2RP universe, I enjoy this type of character most as it creates roleplay and is uncommon.
  • Tell us about yourself: I have been roleplaying for a while now, I love these kinds of events. I used to play on the Begotten: CROSSED servers that were kind of like this.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I arrived just before the TN merge.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Not in particular.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? : The apocalyptical vibe that no other story gives.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Scott
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68026780
  • *Discord Name & ID: Scott#7239
  • *Timezone: UK
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Ahmad Abu-Kabir
  • *Brief summary of the character: Kabir is just what you expect from a man whose lived under oppression his entire life, he is a quick to anger vain man, teamed up with his friend Muhammed Osman he lives on through the dark times that the world came upon, he holds his friends close as to protect them and stands against solitude, somewhat of a collectivist he holds onto his faith and believes there is a better future behind the great darkness.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I really enjoy roleplaying as Ahmad as he is a very religious man, a lot of his actions are driven by his religious beliefs. he may strike people out of his life over petty theoretical disagreements but may also welcome people in very easily when they share opinions and beliefs.
  • Tell us about yourself: I enjoy playing Garry's Mod and getting into new roleplay experiences especially roleplay based around the Half Life series.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yes, I joined just today.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I was referred to here by Daniels.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: The characters that are created within this realm

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Aziatsky
  • *Steam ID: 76561197960287930
  • *Discord Name & ID: Aziatsky#6969
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Unsure
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): Any parts
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): OTA
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: STORM-55
  • *Brief summary of the character: An OTA soldier. Nothing special about them.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To provide more RP experience for the 'main characters'. And to RP.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): STORM-55 was transhumanized after the Seven Hour War. Not much more background.

Updated... Overwatch Transhuman Arm added as event characters

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Kappatalist
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86900379
  • *Discord Name & ID: Kappatalist#7669
  • *Timezone: UK
--- Section Two ---

--- Section Three ---

• *Character Name: Sophia Kauffman
  • *Brief summary of the character: Sophia Kauffman is a German, formerly living in East Germany. She has some medical and weapons experience, but more so medically inclined and largely a pacifist. She is a refugee from the City.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To improve my medicalRP
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Sophia Kauffman grew up in the outskirts of the city of Leipzig in East Germany, being born in 1983. She would grow up learning Russian and German, never quite learning English until much later in life. There is little to note of her childhood and early adulthood, aside from working various jobs of little importance in her home town. By the time she had turned twenty-one she was first aid trained, and when the portal storms first began she was relocated to the city proper and taken into the local clinic as emergency staff whilst Humanity buckled from the Xenian invasion. She worked here until the portal storms were used as a means of transportation for the Combine, taking over the planet in a brief seven hours. First she was moved to Berlin, and then once more to City Fifty Two, or Saint Petersburg where she would again end up as a refugee fleeing war.

• Tell us about yourself: Hi I'm Kappatalist, I only recently came to hl2rp, Terranova being where I first developed an actual character.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yup
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Those that have come from Terranova, yeah
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: The world that's been created and it's eastern european setting. An Underground resistance has always seemed cool to me as well

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: DennyDengo
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34491447
  • *Discord Name & ID: Denny#1947
  • *Timezone: CEST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y?
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): Overwatch Transhuman Arm
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): N/A
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: RANGER-89
  • *Brief summary of the character: RANGER-89 was a German Fallschirmjäger that was inducted into the ranks of the OTA during the Seven Hour War as his duty station surrendered to the invading forces.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I'd like to roleplay! And well, provide support to the narrative as needed for the main cast of characters as a bad guy.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): See character summary.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mist
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30019129
  • *Discord Name & ID: Mist#9698
  • *Timezone: GMT +2
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): Any given part(s)
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Overwatch Transhuman Arm
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: NOMAD-55
  • *Brief summary of the character: NOMAD-55 was stationed as a minefield sweeper and bomb defuser in Afghanistan. After the Seven Hour War started, he got intel in his radio that not only had the army that he was enlisted into surrendered, but the entire county had quickly come under the Combine's domain.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To help create more roleplay opportunities for the Long Haulers. By giving them a fresh breeze of air as they encounter actual OTA forces with more brain than actual NPCs.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Character summary.
  • Tell us about yourself: Optimistic and funny guy that has helped Willard since almost the beginning.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Nah mate.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes sir.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: Almost everything about it. The opportunity to experience the Half-Life universe, but as a mere tiny individual that is not the main protagonist.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • NaughtyNick
  • *Steam ID:
  • STEAM_0:0:80896471
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • NaughtyNick#1559
  • *Timezone:
  • EST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?:
  • Y / N
  • OVERWATCH
  • OWS:OL.RANGER-28
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name:
  • OWS:OL.RANGER-28
  • *Brief summary of the character:
  • A standard early version of an Overwatch functionary. He would act and operate like the other Overwatch functionaries.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?:
  • I want to give the resistance faction something to fight that is not an NPC. Allow for more roleplay with this change and create deeper stories by having this antagonistic character.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to):
    This Overwatch functionary, like many others during the early years of the invasion, was apart of the United States Armed Forces. He was stationed in Fort Belvoir, Virginia during the time of the invasion. He was apart of the now-debunked United States Army with the designation of 19D (Calvary Scout). He was selected for the opportunity due to his experience which included multiple tours to combat zones. He was sent to [REDACTED] after the induction process and the rest would be unknown for even him. His current station is currently unknown but it would be somewhere within the old wasteland which was known as Russia.
  • Tell us about yourself:
  • I am from Russia and now live in the United States. I have 7-ish years old roleplay experience under by belt.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?:
  • I am from Terranova so yes.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?:
  • Mulky and a few others from Terranova.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?:
  • The stories that people create and I get to see develop.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: verTix
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:58254963
  • *Discord Name & ID: verTix#9343
  • *Timezone: US CST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): OTA
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): OTA RANGER-##
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Giovanni Bianchi
  • *Brief summary of the character: Italian soldier captured in 7HW. Conscripted and transhumanized.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I'm experiencing RP withdrawal, and I want to also provide others with a fun experience.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Early Transhuman. Or not. Depends on what Vice is doing.
  • Tell us about yourself: I'm verTix. Roleplayer for a couple years.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I joined from the TN merge.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Pretty much everyone from TN I know.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: Its storytelling.

-- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Black Flag
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34491447
  • *Discord Name & ID: Black Flag 2823
  • *Timezone: US EST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Yes
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): Overwatch Transhuman Arm
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): N/A
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Storm-7
  • *Brief summary of the character: This specific Overwatch functionary was prior service in the German military as an Intelligence Officer. Pre-invasion he was only given standard combat training all troops are given in basic. However, once conscripted into the Overwatch Transhuman Arm and began the process of transhumanization he was given advanced infantry combat training.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Here to support the story by particitpating as a bad guy force for the main characters, SS sounds fun want to try it out and get my toes in the water.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Event Character, refer above.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Ave Westender
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:39890983
  • *Discord Name & ID: Westender#7966
  • *Timezone: UTC+1
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Vasily Timur Lomanov (Conscript)
  • *Brief summary of the character: Vasily was born to a low family that travelled constantly around Moscow, just on the outskirts. They moved as a unit. Vasily, his two sisters and their mother and father, always together. Vasily grew up learning the basics to survival during their travels, where they would meet the same (and some new) faces every time they decided to go back to what they called 'The Path'.
Vasily was an avid hunter under the tutelage of his mother, a skill he honed himself. Whilst the camping and the cooking, his father taught Vasily everything he knew. The two sister's were more of the father's favourites, whilst Vasily was the favourite of his mother. When they had finished setting up a camp for the night, Vasily went to hunt with the mother - while the sister's went to go... pick berries, something he and his mother would tease the others for.

He remembers that fondly. Vasily is naturally a quieter person, reserved and kind - but the events that changed him to be the lesser of the three best qualities he had - were closing in.

When, firstly, Vortigaunts began to blip into the cities and start to massacre everyone around them, sonic booms blew people apart, those who ran were suddenly snagged by their neck - it was mayhem. The family, wisely, retreated to their usual path. They travelled their routes, the ones they had beaten down themselves after the several years of following it.

Then the Combine came to Earth and the terms of survival had... changed. They had to hide more often, they panicked whenever lights came above, the random burst of shooting in the night...

One night, one of the sisters panicked and sprinted into the forest. She thought she could hear one of the monsters. The Mom, being a tracker, chased her. The Dad looked for whatever was disturbing them. It was only a squirrel. The Mom came back empty handed.

Days turned to months. Months went on... near a year had past.

What was once a nice family outing, a great tradition - was now nothing but another semblance of a life they have lost. The Mom and Dad could barely look at each other. Was it shame of losing their daughter to shadows? Their life falling to pieces? Vasily and his sister wouldn't speak anymore. The laughter and joy over a fireplace was now shaking and cursing under their breath, cursing this life for what it has given them. It seemed like anything else could tear them apart forever.

It didn't take long. In the morning, Vasily and his Mother were left alone. The Dad had taken the other sister and ran for a bid for freedom for themselves - to escape certain death. Though Vasily and his Mother were set on finding others, to survive. They didn't make it half way into the borders of Moscow before she was telling him she would be coming back, that she would only be a few moments. She never did.

Vasily did. He found a new family. Where a red star meant safety. The Reclamation Front where he was brought in as a Conscript and trained in the likes of fighting the Combine, the Revolution was only beginning - and the Russians would head it.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: Because I've never actually played a Russian before and I think the RF looks really fun to be apart of, and I can help the Haulers with their journey - or maybe even become one.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ICraaZZyM4N
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37031488
  • *Discord Name & ID: ICraaZZyM4N #7673
  • *Timezone: PST - (Pacific Standard Time, UTC -8)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y?
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): RANGER-72
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: RANGER-72
  • *Brief summary of the character: RANGER-72 is previously known as Michael J. Brown, he was a former PMC Operator in his previous days before the Seven Hour War. After the Seven Hour War, he was located by the alien lifeforms and was quickly conscripted into the Overwatch Transhuman Arm faction, after the screening process as he was a natural fit.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I have already roleplayed as a Citizen before on those events, hence I'm also an OTA, I'd really like to roleplay as one and see where it goes and where it's gonna take me, seeing the other side of the conflict and etc.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Michael J. Brown was born in the United States, Nevada. As he graduated High School, he had a great interest in firearms, military equipment, and combat tactics. Naturally, he enlisted into the "United Operators Security Force " or "UOSF" Private Military Company, so he started serving very well being a mercenary. He received properly trained to use multiple firearms, combat tactics, close quarter combat training, proper medical first aid training along with usage of quick surgery kit on the field. As he progressed through all the training, he gained a lot of knowledge and experience that would be quite handy useful. Throughout his time he got deployed in several places in other to eliminate enemies or defend some places, as well as guarding some valuable assets and people. Like all the mercenaries in America, he made great pay with his career of choice. He was pretty much content with it and happy overall, doing this gave me the thrill and drive he needed along with the great satisfaction that he had from this job. Unfortunately one day some unknown events started happening, he realized rather quickly that it's something very abnormal, news started reporting of some portals opening and stuff like that. He was quickly tasked to eliminate unknown lifeforms on Earth in various places. As he accomplished that, their team was tasked with an extract because of the escalation, and instead some elite military squad was called in to deal with it. As he got extracted via the helicopter, later on, they were tasked with the defense of the home base. Some time has passed. His superior advised him and his fellow men to stay inside of the barracks and wait for instructions. Sometime later, some unfortunate events started happening, an actual war with an unknown life form that is much more advanced in combat equipment, their squad was quickly tasked to deal with it. They were fighting alien life forces in some sort of a compound. His entire squad got gunned down by them and he got injured. After applying quick first aid on him and suturing his wound, he had no contact with his home base nor any superiors. He knew that this is the end of the world and he needs to go before he dies, so he jumped into his squad's Humvee and drove on far away from the chaotic place he was in. He hid in some old shack that he has found. He tried to contact his former PMC home base and the superiors in there, no one responded to him instead all he heard was dead silence. He has realized that they're all dead or the entire home base is destroyed or something like that. Later on, when the war has ended and it all became all quiet, he decided to come out and see what is going on. Unfortunately, he met the alien lifeforms that have come to him, even though he was armed, they quickly managed to disarm him and get him subdued. After the screening process, the uniform, and the dog tags they found on him, after the screening process they have realized he is a former PMC Operator and he was an excellent fit for the Overwatch Transhuman Arm.

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: A.T.P Engineer
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:105057779
  • *Discord Name & ID: ATP Engineer #0890
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---

• *Are you applying for an event character?: No.
--- Section Three ---

• *Character Name: Bill Baily
  • *Brief summary of the character: A American male, who is a Less re-nound Radical, and improviser of City 52.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To Provide more interesting situations and encounters between Characters, both Passive and Combat based, aside from constant fighting against Xenians and Combine, as well as Scavenging.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Bill Baily would partake in Radical party planning and riots within the city before its Uprising, fighting amoungst many with his stolen equipment, he escaped, and now resides after a long journey, in Western Russia, Being an ordinary man to many, not the case for some who are to recognize him. Having lost most if not all his equipment he must survive his next trial if he is to become a more relevant and prestigious person.

• Tell us about yourself: I have a large variety of Experience within the community, and have played on multiple servers, and know decent lore based details for Half Life.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Not Entirely
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: The Lore/ Story, Also the unique Combat systems.

Last edited:
*Character Name: Yago Yodeler
  • *Brief summary of the character: A Bavarian male, who is a known Radical from District 47, who was affiliated with the "White Doves"
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To Provide more interesting situations and encounters between Characters, both Passive and Combat based, aside from constant fighting against Xenians and Combine, as well as Scavenging.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Yago became a renound rebel for District 47, sporting a USP, and a metal skull affixed pipe, as well as an East German helmet, and Kevlar armor, many would recognize him immedietely if they had witnessed the Hijacked broadcast, For he was the man standing beside 'Doc', Following the fall of District 47, Yago would come to lose much of his infamous equipment and trade, if not all. Now wandering into the playing field of this new environment, Yago would now face his hardest point in his journey, if not its end.

Hi - The Long Haul is currently based in the in-character year of 2005, where-as the situation regarding District Fourty-Seven is in 2014. I cannot accept the current character under the description. Please read the synopsis and introduction of the event and please follow all instructions. Thank you.

Hi - The Long Haul is currently based in the in-character year of 2005, where-as the situation regarding District Fourty-Seven is in 2014. I cannot accept the current character under the description. Please read the synopsis and introduction of the event and please follow all instructions. Thank you.
I Changed it, as I had no knowledge of the Long haul's and the Fallen Districts separate storylines, I've re-edited this sheet and have saved the other one for the Fallen District.

--- Section One ---
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y / N: Y, OTA WHITELISTED
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): An Overwatch Transhumanist
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: An innominate member of the Transhuman Arm.
  • *Brief summary of the character: A run-of-the-mill member of the Combine military arm, with all the corrective measures and equipment in place.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Dip my toes into some of Willard's RP, been waiting for the main server!
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): A once despondent member of lower civilization in Europe, then a prisoner accidentally arranged with former military personnel and unimportant figures of the Seven Hour War, blest with a new position and founding of beliefs through extensive indoctrination, brainwashing, and rigid training.
  • Tell us about yourself: I am Ron Goodfella.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: No.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: I like the atmosphere and feelings of both hope and hopelessness meshing together, it's a human struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back