Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented Make learning Japanese (Perhaps all languages) more difficult.

What would you suggest, specifically? I know you wanted to just keep it without any specifics but giving a idea could help.

It's possible I could maybe modify gb's skillbook system to make it so you need to read a physical language book to learn a language. The way his system works is it takes x amount of seconds to read the book - so, it could be 5 seconds, or it could be 300 seconds, or even longer. And you can stop reading the book at any point during it and your progress will be saved.
I think hayden cooked with this.
I like this idea it's similar to project zomboid where you have to find a relaxing safe place, sit down and start reading a book, each second or so is a page and most books have like 300 or 400 pages.

Mayve make it so it's like 900 pages or so? It takes a day or two to finish a book, it will save the progress as your character reads the book and you can't read a level above till you finish the book before.

Honestly this should create some hubs on some sitting areas around the city, if people actually sit down on public spaces to read their books.
Shame is there is no actual animation or proper sitting animation to match this.
 
The way his system works is it takes x amount of seconds to read the book - so, it could be 5 seconds, or it could be 300 seconds, or even longer. And you can stop reading the book at any point during it and your progress will be saved.
That is GOATED. Please add this!!

I1viE9j.png


I like this idea it's similar to project zomboid where you have to find a relaxing safe place, sit down and start reading a book
I used to see people roleplay this adequately, before I got my hands on my first audiobook. I genuinely thought that's how it worked.
Just sat on a bench, listening to their book and learning a language.
 
Hi,

After 2 years of dev this has been partially implemented with a language limit.

We will also increase later on the amount of time it takes to learn a language via Audio books. Any further learning beyond 3 languages will require a Character Auth and will need roleplay to be able to learn beyond the max limits.

Those who already know multiple languages will be unable to learn more and if any language resets took place, would only be able to get 3 refunded unless authed to have more otherwise.
 
Back
Top