Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Malding, Seething AND Coping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szaliwun

Member
Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Messages
34
Hello y'all!
I have recently come under some scrutiny after posting a shitpost on Willard's private rebel discord, within a text channel of the group I am part of; it was done as a reaction to some guy's words. So, I send the meme n' it's all fine n' dandy... but, when I wake up the next morning I find out I was banned from the discord without any explanation nor warning. I try contacting one of the members of staff over discord to find out the reason, but I am simply ignored. Then, after two days of the in-game's server's problems, I try to join in, only to be met with this notification:
image.png
I have never before done anything that would warrant a punishment such as this, as I am a new member of this community - no warnings, no explanations, just a swift swing of the BAN hammer. The video in question that led me to receive the aforementioned verdict was this (I will post screenshots of the beginning and ending sequences, for my sake. If you wish to view the full video, I am more than willing to share it over Discord):
image (2).pngimage (3).png
There is no GRAPHICAL CONTENT whatsoever, it is NOT an NSFW video - just a shitpost, which some may find unsavory. Now, does it really deserve a punishment such as the one I received? I am more than sure it did not, but I guess that's just how it goes. Now, my sentence has been reduced... to a ONE MONTH long ban, after waiting for the issue to be resolved for almost a week - Congratulations ME! I even received a fancy explanation at the end of it as well... not really fancy, but eh...
image (4).png

This is not the end yet, as I have more things to discuss and share with y'all. There is a slight issue of double standards about my verdict, you see - primarily this:
image (6).pngimage (7).pngimage (5).pngDoesn't sending a video such as this, by a member of staff no less, bring offense to the unfortunate souls who have suffered due to the events of the 9/11 attacks, and the aftermath? I understand very well it is just a silly meme 'Among Us' video, but the double-standards are just... horrible. The shrimp picture as well, funny as it goes; an innocent image, although doesn't it allude to instigating self-harm?

I am really trying my best to wrap my head around this issue, alas I am unable to come to terms with the punishment I have received at the end of it... at least, partially - Why did I get banned from the in-game server over a discord OOC issue, GIVEN I had no previous record of bad behaviour? I wonder how many more players were treated the same way I was, if all it takes - allow me to repeat myself - for a normal, new player to get permanently banned without a warning nor explanation, is one simple video. This really speaks a lot about the way things work around here, which is rather scary.

I am sure I could find more images and videos such as the ones above, but, I have not started this whole post to target anyone, just voice the sheer amount of disappointment in how I was treated over such a trivial matter. Anyhow... that's all from me, have a great day and share your thoughts on this issue!
 
:) :) :) i posted a video that cuts 0.1 seconds from a guy painting his wall with his brains!! I have conducted myself quite well :) :D

Yes. You're a sick freak and i don't regret calling you one

+1 I would've done the same (y)
 
With careful consideration, your application to join Krah ESPORTS team as a member under trial (for performance monitoring) has been DENIED

This year's applicants have been very skilled and talented, and whilst the CV and gameplay samples you have submitted were up to standards, we found your behavior and professionalism lacking. We seek for members whom can behave infront of a large audience and bring good sportsmanship to the team.

Feel free to re-apply in 365 days or during local tour screening. For tours, see timetable below:
20th
Sep, 2023
Lumen Field
Seattle, WA

22nd
Sep, 2023
BC Place
Vancouver, BC

23rd
Sep, 2023
BC Place (Extra Date)
Vancouver, BC

27th
Sep, 2023
Snapdragon Stadium
San Diego, CA

28th
Sep, 2023
Snapdragon Stadium (Extra date)
San Diego, CA

30th
Sep, 2023
Rose Bowl
Los Angeles, CA

1st
Oct, 2023
Rose Bowl (Extra date)
Los Angeles, CA

6th
Nov, 2023
Tokyo Dome
Tokyo

7th
Nov, 2023
Tokyo Dome
Tokyo

11th
Nov, 2023
Kaohsiung National Stadium
Kaohsiung

12th
Nov, 2023
Kaohsiung National Stadium (EXTRA DATE)
Kaohsiung

15th
Nov, 2023
Gelora Bung Karno Stadium
Jakarta

18th
Nov, 2023
Optus Stadium
Perth

19th
Nov, 2023
Optus Stadium
Perth

22nd
Nov, 2023
National Stadium Bukit Jalil
Kuala Lumpur

19th
Jan, 2024
Philippine Arena
Manila

20th
Jan, 2024
Philippine Arena (EXTRA DATE)
Manila

23rd
Jan, 2024
Singapore National Stadium
Singapore

24th
Jan, 2024
Singapore National Stadium
Singapore

26th
Jan, 2024
Singapore National Stadium
Singapore

27th
Jan, 2024
Singapore National Stadium
Singapore

30th
Jan, 2024
Singapore National Stadium (EXTRA DATE)
Singapore

31st
Jan, 2024
Singapore National Stadium (EXTRA DATE)
Singapore

3rd
Feb, 2024
Rajamangala National Stadium
Bangkok

4th
Feb, 2024
Rajamangala National Stadium (Extra date)
Bangkok

8th
Jun, 2024
Olympic Stadium
Athens

9th
Jun, 2024
Olympic Stadium (EXTRA DATE)
Athens

12th
Jun, 2024
Arena Națională
Bucharest

13th
Jun, 2024
Arena Națională (EXTRA DATE)
Bucharest

16th
Jun, 2024
Puskás Aréna
Budapest

18th
Jun, 2024
Puskás Aréna (EXTRA DATE)
Budapest

19th
Jun, 2024
Puskás Aréna (EXTRA DATE)
Budapest

22nd
Jun, 2024
Groupama Stadium
Lyon

23rd
Jun, 2024
Groupama Stadium
Lyon

25th
Jun, 2024
Groupama Stadium (EXTRA DATE)
Lyon

12th
Jul, 2024
Stadio Olimpico
Rome

13th
Jul, 2024
Stadio Olimpico
Rome

15th
Jul, 2024
Stadio Olimpico (EXTRA DATE)
Rome

16th
Jul, 2024
Stadio Olimpico (EXTRA DATE)
Rome

20th
Jul, 2024
Merkur Spiel-Arena
Dusseldorf

21st
Jul, 2024
Merkur Spiel-Arena
Dusseldorf

23rd
Jul, 2024
Merkur Spiel-Arena (EXTRA DATE)
Dusseldorf

27th
Jul, 2024
Olympiastadion (EXTRA DATE)
Helsinki

28th
Jul, 2024
Olympiastadion
Helsinki

30th
Jul, 2024
Olympiastadion (EXTRA DATE)
Helsinki

31st
Jul, 2024
Olympiastadion (EXTRA DATE)
Helsinki

15th
Aug, 2024
Olympiastadion
Munich

17th
Aug, 2024
Olympiastadion
Munich

18th
Aug, 2024
Olympiastadion (EXTRA DATE)
Munich

21st
Aug, 2024
Ernst-Happel-Stadion
Vienna

22nd
Aug, 2024
Ernst-Happel-Stadion
Vienna

24th
Aug, 2024
Ernst-Happel-Stadion
Vienna

25th
Aug, 2024
Ernst-Happel-Stadion (EXTRA DATE)
Vienna

29th
Aug, 2024
Croke Park
Dublin

30th
Aug, 2024
Croke Park
Dublin

1st
Sep, 2024
Croke Park (EXTRA DATE)
Dublin

2nd
Sep, 2024
Croke Park (EXTRA DATE)
Dublin
​
 
With careful consideration, your application to join Krah ESPORTS team as a member under trial (for performance monitoring) has been DENIED

This year's applicants have been very skilled and talented, and whilst the CV and gameplay samples you have submitted were up to standards, we found your behavior and professionalism lacking. We seek for members whom can behave infront of a large audience and bring good sportsmanship to the team.

Feel free to re-apply in 365 days or during local tour screening. For tours, see timetable below:
ratatouille-meme.gif
 
The too-soon complex is real.
For (more) real though, why can't we just not post shit like this?
Edit: "We" meaning everyone, not just the thread poster. I thought I should clarify that.
 
Last edited:
I think personally this is just making generalizations about a person based on one thing they've said, this is a issue plauging the internet now where someone will bring up screenshots of you saying the n-word at 13 and instantly demonizing you no matter what you've said/done in the future past that. "How dare you, you sick freak! ronnie mcnutt killed himself! you cant joke about that!". Comedy today has become borderline life ruining based on what you said. Joke about 9/11? sure go ahead. Joke about Hiroshima? sure go ahead. Joke about LGBTQ? Fuck no kill yourself bigot. Joke about Suicide? Absolutely not people kill themselves everyday and thats a senstive topic. I'm sorry to break this news to you big boys but free speech isn't for the speech you like its for the speech you dont like. either all memes about sensitive topics are allowed or none of them are allowed. I 100% believe this man should be unbanned right now and apologized to by staff you've allowed edgy humor in the past (from a staff member I must mention) and this man made an edgy joke except now this time its a punishable offense. You wanna keep this guys ban, sure go ahead but make sure to give a one month ban to any and everyone in that meme channel whos made a similar edgy joke about a sensitive topic. It's borderline biased and unfair if you wanna be a fair staff system go ahead and show that no-one is above or below the law, simple.

Edit: Dont wanna read all this? here are the important parts
"Either all memes about sensitive topics are allowed or none of them are allowed" (This is me referencing Neonity past screenshots with memes about 9/11 and other sensitive topics)
"You wanna keep this guys ban, sure go ahead but make sure to give a one month ban to any and everyone in that meme channel whos made a similar edgy joke about a sensitive topic. It's borderline biased and unfair if you wanna be a fair staff system go ahead and show that no-one is above or below the law, simple."
I suggest agarthan and alessio try to talk it out if they haven't done so already i've found that many situations get defused when the people in the situation just talk about it in private and handle it like big boy adults (I personally like alessio they've been a pretty good mod to me and overall a responsive member of staff, also alessio if ur reading this hiiii :) )
 
Last edited:
I think personally this is just making generalizations about a person based on one thing they've said, this is a issue plauging the internet now where someone will bring up screenshots of you saying the n-word at 13 and instantly demonizing you no matter what you've said/done in the future past that. "How dare you, you sick freak! ronnie mcnutt killed himself! you cant joke about that!". Comedy today has become borderline life ruining based on what you said. Joke about 9/11? sure go ahead. Joke about Hiroshima? sure go ahead. Joke about LGBTQ? Fuck no kill yourself bigot. Joke about Suicide? Absolutely not people kill themselves everyday and thats a senstive topic. I'm sorry to break this news to you big boys but free speech isn't for the speech you like its for the speech you dont like. either all memes about sensitive topics are allowed or none of them are allowed. I 100% believe this man should be unbanned right now and apologized to by staff you've allowed edgy humor in the past (from a staff member I must mention) and this man made an edgy joke except now this time its a punishable offense. You wanna keep this guys ban, sure go ahead but make sure to give a one month ban to any and everyone in that meme channel whos made a similar edgy joke about a sensitive topic. It's borderline biased and unfair if you wanna be a fair staff system go ahead and show that no-one is above or below the law, simple.
You know, I might agree with the sentiment, but there's a noticeable difference between a meme made about suicide and just posting a video of a suicide as the joke itself. What's the punchline supposed to be? 'Haha this guy killed himself'? Edgy humor is allowed but its another thing entirely to post a video like that as the core of the joke.
Jokes are supposed to have punchlines people, you don't go saying 'fuck you' to someone in public and then say 'it's a joke' when they don't like it. It's a public space, what you say will be subject to scrutiny regardless of how you slice it. Willard was literally seen as a cesspit of bigots and hateful assholes specifically because 'edgy jokes' were allowed to run rampant. If you're gonna be edgy, be creative about it, not just borderline insensitive.

EDIT: On further reading, this just seems to be a case of someone who wants to be allowed to have no filter when he speaks or interacts with other people. Social ineptitude is your own folly, not everyone else's.
 
Last edited:
I think personally this is just making generalizations about a person based on one thing they've said, this is a issue plauging the internet now where someone will bring up screenshots of you saying the n-word at 13 and instantly demonizing you no matter what you've said/done in the future past that. "How dare you, you sick freak! ronnie mcnutt killed himself! you cant joke about that!". Comedy today has become borderline life ruining based on what you said. Joke about 9/11? sure go ahead. Joke about Hiroshima? sure go ahead. Joke about LGBTQ? Fuck no kill yourself bigot. Joke about Suicide? Absolutely not people kill themselves everyday and thats a senstive topic. I'm sorry to break this news to you big boys but free speech isn't for the speech you like its for the speech you dont like. either all memes about sensitive topics are allowed or none of them are allowed. I 100% believe this man should be unbanned right now and apologized to by staff you've allowed edgy humor in the past (from a staff member I must mention) and this man made an edgy joke except now this time its a punishable offense. You wanna keep this guys ban, sure go ahead but make sure to give a one month ban to any and everyone in that meme channel whos made a similar edgy joke about a sensitive topic. It's borderline biased and unfair if you wanna be a fair staff system go ahead and show that no-one is above or below the law, simple.
jesse what are you talking about
 
You know, I might agree with the sentiment, but there's a noticeable difference between a meme made about suicide and just posting a video of a suicide as the joke itself.
M3ntal im not fully aware if you know this or not but this guy didn't post a video of a guy commiting suicide. I wouldn't be supporting him if he did as thats obviously against the rules, there was zero gore shown in that video it was a shitpost.
 
M3ntal im not fully aware if you know this or not but this guy didn't post a video of a guy commiting suicide. I wouldn't be supporting him if he did as thats obviously against the rules, there was zero gore shown in that video it was a shitpost.
I would be saying worse things if it was a full video of a suicide, but the point is, is that its mocking of a real, recorded person's last moments. That's my entire gripe with this, and I'm fully aware that it wasn't a full video including the moment where the guy pulls the trigger. The sentiment that people should lighten up is valid, but people need to have more than a single moment of thought before posting something like this.

I ask the same question again, what is the punchline of the posted video supposed to be if it was posted in a comedic context?
 
I would be saying worse things if it was a full video of a suicide, but the point is, is that its mocking of a real, recorded person's last moments. That's my entire gripe with this, and I'm fully aware that it wasn't a full video including the moment where the guy pulls the trigger. The sentiment that people should lighten up is valid, but people need to have more than a single moment of thought before posting something like this.

I ask the same question again, what is the punchline of the posted video supposed to be if it was posted in a comedic context?
Ok thanks for clarifying your question and clearing up my confusion now I will answer your question, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_humour this is fairly short its like a 30 second read

Heres the main part from that I want you to see
1693469172553.png

You may find it totally distasteful and rude and you are 100% right to feel that way but understand that not every feels that way about a joke someone could break down crying about a joke about 9/11 while someone else would laugh their ass of about it, its simply the duality of man. The video is supposed to have a shocking effect as it looks like he posted a gore video but in fact he didn't as it was a bait and switch video making it shock humor. hope this clears up your question feel free to message me in private if you have any more responses as I dont want to clutter up this thread anymore.
 
Ok thanks for clarifying your question and clearing up my confusion now I will answer your question, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_humour this is fairly short its like a 30 second read

Heres the main part from that I want you to see
View attachment 25870

You may find it totally distasteful and rude and you are 100% right to feel that way but understand that not every feels that way about a joke someone could break down crying about a joke about 9/11 while someone else would laugh their ass of about it, its simply the duality of man. The video is supposed to have a shocking effect as it looks like he posted a gore video but in fact he didn't as it was a bait and switch video making it shock humor. hope this clears up your question feel free to message me in private if you have any more responses as I dont want to clutter up this thread anymore.
Last time I'm replying.
Get it through your head - freedom of speech and expression is not a blanket defense from people who find this kind of conduct distasteful and rude. Trying to justify it under 'different strokes - different folks' is a flawed argument when this is a public space and a level of decency is expected to be maintained.

If you're gonna try to be edgy, prepare for the consequences that come with it.
EDIT: Also we're going to blatantly ignore how the guy who got banned unironically tried to compare 'umm krill yourself' and a video alluding to someone's suicide as being at all similar in weight when it comes to being insensitive.
 
Last edited:
Last time I'm replying.
Get it through your head - freedom of speech and expression is not a blanket defense from people who find this kind of conduct distasteful and rude. Trying to justify it under 'different strokes - different folks' is a flawed argument when this is a public space and a level of decency is expected to be maintained.

If you're gonna try to be edgy, prepare for the consequences that come with it.
Mhm but dont you think admins should perhaps lead by example? in 9/11 people killed themselves by jumping off the building and people died familes were broken apart lives were ruined to put it bluntly, this is not displaying a level of decency this is setting the bar low letting people know that low-brow humor is allowed and edgy jokes are allowed. I believe banning him in-game permanently and then banning him for only a month for a edgy joke on discord that is almost as bad as what others have posted shows bias and unfair treatment because someone got offended. (Im not here to throw Neonity under the bus its just a good example) please feel free to message me on the forums I will be glad to discuss more with you more on there.
1693471105168.png
 
Also, let's simply ignore the 9/11 meme, shall we?
I guess this will simply continue to be the case...

"How dare you, you sick freak! ronnie mcnutt killed himself! you cant joke about that!". Comedy today has become borderline life ruining based on what you said. Joke about 9/11? sure go ahead.
Very true, some shitposts are apparently less offensive, even though they show glimpses of very similar topics - tragedy. Unfortunately, people nowadays have become incredibly sensitive to this kind of humor, and they'll they deem one video a big no-no, even if they find another, similar meme funny... Society truly has fallen.

If you're gonna try to be edgy, prepare for the consequences that come with it.
this is a public space and a level of decency is expected to be maintained.
I can only imagine you did not read my OG post at all, my dude.
Maybe I should start posting 9/11 memes as well, now that I think about it, because THIS ONE is funny and decent apparently.

edit; Also, the stark contrast between the 9/11 video and the shrimp image worked as intended; people simply ignored the former just to mock and ridicule me, proving another one of my points.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top