Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Malding, Seething AND Coping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szaliwun

Member
Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Messages
34
Hello y'all!
I have recently come under some scrutiny after posting a shitpost on Willard's private rebel discord, within a text channel of the group I am part of; it was done as a reaction to some guy's words. So, I send the meme n' it's all fine n' dandy... but, when I wake up the next morning I find out I was banned from the discord without any explanation nor warning. I try contacting one of the members of staff over discord to find out the reason, but I am simply ignored. Then, after two days of the in-game's server's problems, I try to join in, only to be met with this notification:
image.png
I have never before done anything that would warrant a punishment such as this, as I am a new member of this community - no warnings, no explanations, just a swift swing of the BAN hammer. The video in question that led me to receive the aforementioned verdict was this (I will post screenshots of the beginning and ending sequences, for my sake. If you wish to view the full video, I am more than willing to share it over Discord):
image (2).pngimage (3).png
There is no GRAPHICAL CONTENT whatsoever, it is NOT an NSFW video - just a shitpost, which some may find unsavory. Now, does it really deserve a punishment such as the one I received? I am more than sure it did not, but I guess that's just how it goes. Now, my sentence has been reduced... to a ONE MONTH long ban, after waiting for the issue to be resolved for almost a week - Congratulations ME! I even received a fancy explanation at the end of it as well... not really fancy, but eh...
image (4).png

This is not the end yet, as I have more things to discuss and share with y'all. There is a slight issue of double standards about my verdict, you see - primarily this:
image (6).pngimage (7).pngimage (5).pngDoesn't sending a video such as this, by a member of staff no less, bring offense to the unfortunate souls who have suffered due to the events of the 9/11 attacks, and the aftermath? I understand very well it is just a silly meme 'Among Us' video, but the double-standards are just... horrible. The shrimp picture as well, funny as it goes; an innocent image, although doesn't it allude to instigating self-harm?

I am really trying my best to wrap my head around this issue, alas I am unable to come to terms with the punishment I have received at the end of it... at least, partially - Why did I get banned from the in-game server over a discord OOC issue, GIVEN I had no previous record of bad behaviour? I wonder how many more players were treated the same way I was, if all it takes - allow me to repeat myself - for a normal, new player to get permanently banned without a warning nor explanation, is one simple video. This really speaks a lot about the way things work around here, which is rather scary.

I am sure I could find more images and videos such as the ones above, but, I have not started this whole post to target anyone, just voice the sheer amount of disappointment in how I was treated over such a trivial matter. Anyhow... that's all from me, have a great day and share your thoughts on this issue!
 
I guess this will simply continue to be the case...


Very true, some shitposts are apparently less offensive, even though they show glimpses of very similar topics - tragedy. Unfortunately, people nowadays have become incredibly sensitive to this kind of humor, and they'll they deem one video a big no-no, even if they find another, similar meme funny... Society truly has fallen.



I can only imagine you did not read my OG post at all, my dude.
Maybe I should start posting 9/11 memes as well, now that I think about it, because THIS ONE is funny and decent apparently.

edit; Also, the stark contrast between the 9/11 video and the shrimp image worked as intended; people simply ignored the former just to mock and ridicule me, proving another one of my points.
I know I said I'd reply the last time, but I just had to make this point.
Making a meme that's vague about a dark topic versus just posting a video that's a prelude to a person's suicide, there's a clear and blatant divide in the content. The fact you can't see that and try to pin yourself as a martyr and additionally refusing to admit fault under the pretense of 'they posted it too, so what I did doesn't matter' is the entire problem.

Nobody here is saying Neonity and such should be exempt from some form of reprimand, and I likewise agree that staff should face consequences for lack of filter, and the punishment should not be as severe as a permanent ban if the content is not outright gruesome.
Also, I know this seems like a non-argument, but I can't take your points seriously if you're unironically saying shit like this:
1693473477219.png
You're not a martyr, this kind of situation has happened before. It was handled poorly and too brashly but don't pretend that the content you posted was excusable even when others have posted it. Unlike you, they haven't went through the lengths you have to try and defend posting this kind of content, they haven't said anything in defense of it, so maybe take that into consideration.
 
The fact you can't see that and try to pin yourself as a martyr and additionally refusing to admit fault under the pretense of 'they posted it too, so what I did doesn't matter' is the entire problem
I already admitted my fault in the matter, you just decided to ignore whatever I wrote and simply focused on trying to... prove me guiltier because I fit your description of an edgy bigot and an asshole, I guess? I don't even know what's the matter with you anymore. @zeroday:) explained this to you more than enough... so I really shouldn't be trying to, but here I am.

Also, I know this seems like a non-argument, but I can't take your points seriously if you're unironically saying shit like this:
Carbonium iacta est...

You're not a martyr, this kind of situation has happened before
I am more than sure this had happened before, which is exactly why I decided to express my concerns regarding the matter... and, yes - I am not a martyr, I am merely a man who won't allow himself to be spat in the face.

It was handled poorly and too brashly but don't pretend that the content you posted was excusable even when others have posted it
It really 'was handled poorly and too brashly', couldn't agree more with you on that. I wasn't quite sure what was and wasn't allowed back then as a new player, even more so if the video wasn't taken down for a good amount of time. Only after I had gone to sleep and woke up the next morning, did I find out I was banned (and I wasn't even warned whatsoever). So, after spending some time digging through the channels, I believe my situation is more than excusable now, because why shouldn't it be? It's a shitpost, just like many out there.

Unlike you, they haven't went through the lengths you have to try and defend posting this kind of content, they haven't said anything in defense of it
...and I feel sorry for these souls, especially if they have done this inadvertently. You SHOULD ALWAYS defend yourself, especially if you feel you had been wronged or treated unjustly.

Trying to explain this every time is getting really repetitive, so I guess I'll just stop and let the coalposts stack up...
 
I think personally this is just making generalizations about a person based on one thing they've said, this is a issue plauging the internet now where someone will bring up screenshots of you saying the n-word at 13 and instantly demonizing you no matter what you've said/done in the future past that. "How dare you, you sick freak! ronnie mcnutt killed himself! you cant joke about that!". Comedy today has become borderline life ruining based on what you said. Joke about 9/11? sure go ahead. Joke about Hiroshima? sure go ahead. Joke about LGBTQ? Fuck no kill yourself bigot. Joke about Suicide? Absolutely not people kill themselves everyday and thats a senstive topic. I'm sorry to break this news to you big boys but free speech isn't for the speech you like its for the speech you dont like. either all memes about sensitive topics are allowed or none of them are allowed. I 100% believe this man should be unbanned right now and apologized to by staff you've allowed edgy humor in the past (from a staff member I must mention) and this man made an edgy joke except now this time its a punishable offense. You wanna keep this guys ban, sure go ahead but make sure to give a one month ban to any and everyone in that meme channel whos made a similar edgy joke about a sensitive topic. It's borderline biased and unfair if you wanna be a fair staff system go ahead and show that no-one is above or below the law, simple.

Edit: Dont wanna read all this? here are the important parts
"Either all memes about sensitive topics are allowed or none of them are allowed" (This is me referencing Neonity past screenshots with memes about 9/11 and other sensitive topics)
"You wanna keep this guys ban, sure go ahead but make sure to give a one month ban to any and everyone in that meme channel whos made a similar edgy joke about a sensitive topic. It's borderline biased and unfair if you wanna be a fair staff system go ahead and show that no-one is above or below the law, simple."
I suggest agarthan and alessio try to talk it out if they haven't done so already i've found that many situations get defused when the people in the situation just talk about it in private and handle it like big boy adults (I personally like alessio they've been a pretty good mod to me and overall a responsive member of staff, also alessio if ur reading this hiiii :) )
stfu
 
im double posting to say that most of the people agreeing with this post are fresh accounts who haven't done anything but like *this* specific post (who are also your friends), are banned from the server (zeroday and the person who wrote this shit) or the guy who played the literal wagner commander as a real character (embarassing)
 
Last edited:
also no matter how hard you try to hide your steam account this is literally in your steam comments mr
Never tried hiding my steam account, it's all public lol
Also, what is the screen above supposed to prove in this thread? I guess it's only to further label me as an edgy bigot and an asshole, and a freak, but I really couldn't care less. This does not prove anything, nor does it translate into how I have conducted myself in-game or on Willard's discord, or in this thread for that matter.

edit; the coal must flow
 
1693473477219.png
1693481885157.png
billions must go outside...
 
I wonder why that is- also this; sure, I guess I really deserved it now, uh-huh

image.png
 
1693489504595.png
1693489533010.png

Just popping in here to add that while I did initially reduce your ban to a month, I am elevating it to permanent again after finding out you are in fact a nazi. Didn't think this needs to be said, but nazis have no place in Willard. If anyone disagrees with this statement, you are welcome to join him :)
 
I am elevating it to permanent again after finding out you are in fact a nazi
How am I being a nazi, explain? Because all I see is a statement filled with contempt and complete disregard to everything that's already been said throughout the entirey of this thread, and my ban appeal as well.

Didn't think this needs to be said, but nazis have no place in Willard
That's fine by me- no idea why I am being put in the same box as 'literal nazis', though. So far this case has literally been the opposite lol

If anyone disagrees with this statement
It's hard to agree with something so arbitrary; it's wild to think that my discord description (which, noone had a problem with up until now?) and a screenpost of a Steam comment which has nothing to do with how I have (no idea how many times must I repeat myself) conducted myself the entire time, completely fucking disregards this simple fact. Then again, maybe I expected too much, believing I would really be treated justly like any other person should have been; these discord descriptions and steam comments I made (with no correlation to this case) really must mean I am a LITERAL NAZI, indeed! I really wish there was actual proof of me being a nazi though... but, oh well- guess we'll ban him just because he doesn't suit our taste, hehe stupid nazi

Let the 9/11 shitposts flow through the meme channel, they are really fun! Especially if you are a member of staff. Anything else? Nuh-uh, perma ban for you, fella!

There is not much to add beyond this point; as always, I have not been disappointed by the mental gymnastic of some people here... Really, really sad. I guess this will simply continue to be the case for a very long time yet.

But, before I finish - here are some... very disturbing images, of @Neonity no less.

1693493243162594712.png1693493285162637207.png1693493308162660112.png1693493430162782349.png

Nothing like making 'em le funny jokes about 9/11 only then to reprimand a member of the community for... making a joke about the same thing. Nothing like making them holocaust denial jokes... really? I thought I was supposed to be the nazi here. I suppose different people really do get different treatments for the same thing, huh.

1693493622162974404.png

...but I suppose this doesn't prove anything. Why? Well, because I am a nazi, apparently

1693493775163126742.png

Damn, I really dig this, since I am a nazi, apparently.

image (2).png

W-Whoa, hold up Neonity!?

16933176548840137.png

Anyhow, I hope this shows the massive disparity between how different people are treated here. Very cool, thanks Willard bros!
16934941887008686.png
 
1693493243162594712.png
1693493285162637207.png
1693493308162660112.png
1693493430162782349.png


Nothing like making 'em le funny jokes about 9/11 only then to reprimand a member of the community for... making a joke about the same thing. Nothing like making them holocaust denial jokes... really? I thought I was supposed to be the nazi here. I suppose different people really do get different treatments for the same thing, huh.

1693493622162974404.png


...but I suppose this doesn't prove anything. Why? Well, because I am a nazi, apparently

1693493775163126742.png


Damn, I really dig this, since I am a nazi, apparently.

image (2).png


W-Whoa, hold up Neonity!?

16933176548840137.png


Anyhow, I hope this shows the massive disparity between how different people are treated here. Very cool, thanks Willard bros!
16934941887008686.png
But since I'm in here I might as well throw my hat in the ring.
Since you are new, you 100% don't know the freedom of speech rule willard used to have (right around 2022 iirc, correct me) While yes, they are distasteful. I don't think it changes that its a joke? There is a difference between being serious, and giving a joke. Like my dad says 'If you don't laugh, you'll only scream'. And, truth be told, from what I'm seeing you are a literal nazi so in my eyes your whole opinion is invalid, prove me wrong if you wish I'd be shocked if this is wrong, but I highly doubt it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top