Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the irish

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamCF
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the rules are even more draconian and ridiculously enforced than neb, then I think you're going to have a lot of issues down the road.
Like I said earlier, it's a PR tactic.

They're committed to attracting everyone they can to build a playerbase and want to be 'different' but obviously cannot allow that on the server or forums because it'd ruin their image. So why allow it at all anywhere related to them? You can't have a channel filled with every offensive thing under the sun being passed off as a 'joke' and officially sanctioned to where nobody cares you can't sit there and ban people on the server for saying "fuck the Irish" lmao.

In fact they really only changed it because @Conair pointed out they were literally breaking the terms of the merger that got them a playerbase to begin with by doing nothing about it, but didn't want the idea of being seen like 'those other communities' who don't allow that shit so 'compromised' rather than setting any sort of standard.
 
Okay so, two ways to fix this:

1. Put out community-wide rules banning hate speech, slurs, racism, etc while warning those who break it
2. Make the server rules and discord rules the same
 
Okay so, two ways to fix this:

1. Put out community-wide rules banning hate speech, slurs, racism, etc while warning those who break it
2. Make the server rules and discord rules the same
If 1 is chosen they're going to be in for a shitstorm because they've already set the double standard. They don't have the benefits of having had a coherent stance from day one.

If 2 is chosen this community is going to literally be passed off as a cesspit and ruin its reputation.
 
1 sounds like the optimal option at this point, we can stop everything with one blow.
 
offended by "fuck the irish"??????

bro i'm brazillian, get on my fucking level
 
The reason these were bannable offenses I feel is because the amount of trolls/minges the server received, at some point it becomes a common factor in association with these types of players.

I don't personally believe someone should be banned for saying Nigger or Kike in OOC, especially when it's a joke. The problem is when people use it to harass another -individual-. Let's be specific here, talking about individuals. If I say "fuck Brazil, they're all brownskins-" I shouldnt be banned.

If I were to however say for example "Fuck Light, He's Brazilian brown skin." - Then that should be a bannable offence because at this point I am litterally intending to harass another community member.


Harassment of a community member doesnt just come in the form of saying mean words either and I think people don't get this at all. For example, if I was to go around and vote everything Light says as "Shitposting" etc just because of his character, then that means I am litterally at this point harassing a individual.

The distinction is very simple in all of this. Either I am insulting a individual member of the community or I am just being edgy. The act of being edgy shouldnt be punishable, the act of being toxic to another player is the crime here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top